Where r the urates!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckidd_1999

5 Year Member
Iv had my baby Greek for about 3 days now. He has been eating alot and iv soaked him twice for about 10 min. He has pooped alot but no white pieces (urates) have I found. What am I doing wrong!?

pineapple

5 Year Member
If your tort is well hydrated they can dissolve in the urine. Mine hasn't passed any solid urates since the first week I got him.

ckidd_1999

5 Year Member
pineapple said:
If your tort is well hydrated they can dissolve in the urine. Mine hasn't passed any solid urates since the first week I got him.

So if he doesn't pass them thts good? How do I know if he's hydrated?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
So if he doesn't pass them thts good? How do I know if he's hydrated?

If he is eating, exercising and soaking/drinking water---and not producing urates, that is fine.

If your tort has nice rounded/bright eyes---skin is plump (but not swollen) looking and is readily active (not freaking out kind of motion) and as an overall healthy appearance and activity level--then likely he is hydrated....just be sure to soak him at least a few times a week (daily if you would like) and I spray the food with water prior to offering to the babies here so as to also allow more water consumption while they are eating...:D

ckidd_1999

5 Year Member
K. Thx everybody! I'm not as worried any more. He's very active and eats a ton. He drinks too so he must be healthy. Thx again!

Status
Not open for further replies.