where can i get one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

borjawil

10 Year Member!
looking for eastern or 3 toed boxies where can i find some? im located in michigan

Greg T

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
League City, TX
There may be some members in your area that can help, and I'm sure they will speak up shortly.

You can also check your local reptile rescues and humane societies since they get them occasionally too.

If you want to purchase some, check the forum's for sale section and also Kingsnake.com. That will cost you more, but they always have some available.

borjawil

10 Year Member!
shes actually out, and i feel king snake is a bit pricey? maybe its just me.

moswen

5 Year Member
oh man sorry. yes, i believe kingsnake is pricey, and i don't think that everyone on kingsnake takes the best care of their torts either, but if you want it now, they've always got it! well, if you want to wait till spring my sister in law always has babies! they're 3 toeds. i believe everyone on here who has more than one boxie hibernates theirs, so i'm not sure there will be more until spring. but someone will pipe up on here in a few minutes!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
borjawil, you CANNOT keep Eastern Box turtles in Michigan. They are a protected species, and are native to our state and very very rare in the wild. It is not legal to keep them.

You can get a permit for captive bred wildlife, but it is expensive and needs to be renewed every year.

I have a breeding group of 3 toes, but I won't have any available for some time yet.

borjawil

10 Year Member!
i see well thats good to know. Guess three toeds it is unless i find a similar sized tort

moswen

5 Year Member
well, good luck hunting, sorry about the eastern thing! if you still want some by spring, pm me and i'll see if my sister in law has any babies for you. my guess is that she'll only charge shipping, she hasn't sold any babies yet! just gives them to good homes.

but if you're just looking for a tortoise about that size, russians are pretty small. greeks are just a few inches larger, but they stay relatively small as well. i think red foots are larger than greeks, but they may be the same size.

borjawil

10 Year Member!
yea if you could do that that would be great. I guess im also looking for redfoots or greeks. Trying to find one to adopt or one that is not expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.