What to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weeneybomber

5 Year Member
I have 4 eastern box turtles.(Yearlings) I am looking to get another... but what? I kind of want a florida, but they're hard to find. So Gulf Coast, three toed, or eastern. Also tell me why ad where I can get a yearling, especially a colorful one! Thanks guys

weeneybomber

5 Year Member
I heard they're a little harder to care for, so I'm apprehensive. Plus they like it dryer.

Also if you guys have a yearling that you don't want? That goes for everyone!

austinl01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Little Rock, AR
How about some three toed? They are quite common here in Arkansas and are extra hardy unlike ornates.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi weeniebomber:

Welcome to the Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

weeneybomber

5 Year Member
OK my name is James and I live in NJ. I'm really stuck now I might be able to get a fl boxie but, it's kind of expensive. I also have a three toed, should I choose to take it. As well as a gulf coast who is really colorful. Not to mention there are easterns everywhere! Oh wow, a little help is necessary. Tell me why you want me to get the species you want, please convince me! All opinions appreciated, thanks guys.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Unless you have a permit for the boxies be careful about advertising you have them and are looking for them. NJ law is pretty strict on these.

austinl01

5 Year Member
Little Rock, AR
I can't believe it varies so much by state. Here in Arkansas, we can keep 6 box turtles as pets per the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.