Where are the rescues?

jojay327

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Elgin, South Carolina
Can anyone recommend a rescue that would ship to South Carolina. I know there has to be a bunch out there but I can't seem to find any. Also if anyone comes across one or two let me Know. I'll pay for shipping and can provide pics to anyone in need. We have alot of space and would love to ad a couple of more. Thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Going by what I do, I sort of doubt a rescue in California would ship out of state. I can find homes for turtles and tortoises right here in my own geographical area. In California: American Tortoise Rescue, California Turtle and Tortoise Club, livingdesert.org, turtletortoiserescue.org, sdturtle.org, to name just a few.

In South Carolina: turtlesanctum.org was the only one I could find.

I know that the gal who runs Turtle Rescue of Long Island will ship Sulcatas to the southern States.

jojay327

10 Year Member!
Elgin, South Carolina
Ya I saw that but they won't ship, kind of sad because they ship same day. Would be worth it for the tortoise. Oh well maybe I'll catch one on the forum that needs a home. Thanks

jojay327

10 Year Member!
Elgin, South Carolina
Ya I saw that but they won't ship, kind of sad because they ship same day. Would be worth it for the tortoise. Oh well maybe I'll catch one on the forum that needs a home. Thanks
Oh just saw the one in Charleston you posted, I'll contact them. Thanks