Too many sulcata in NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
emysemys said:
The only one I know of is Tom Silverfield. Does he breed?

I'm in Central Calif, and I breed, but not the rescues. Us rescues are allowed to have our own collections, aren't we?

I wasn't commenting on breeding at all. If that is what you meant by "aren't we [allowed to]"? I was just asking Chad because I was curious because I don't know a lick about rescues and haven't really heard of any around here.

I think you are thinking I am judging?

PS Thanks for the link Chad

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
There are several transports.. I posted them a while back in a different thread.. .Pilots for Paws.. was one.. My friend just adopted a dog from New Mexico.. she lives in Calif.. 8 different people took turns transporting and got him here safe and sound.. He was picked up in Reno Nv by my friend...

Deaf Paul

5 Year Member
Deaf Paul said:
Filling out a form.

Been looking for a larger sulcata for a while now anyways. Hope it works out. Worried about the shipping part to Hawaii though.

-Paul

Not sure if anybody cares but I'm doing my part...

In process of adopting "Fred" from turtlerescues.com - larger sulcata. Turned in paperwork and check to the state of Hawaii agriculture's Animal Quarantine department today for processing, and sent $235 (eek) to Julie for the Delta flight to bring Fred over for his new life-long vacation on Oahu.

-Paul

chairman

10 Year Member!
Mississippi
I filled out a form months and months ago when I was first seriously looking to get a sulcata. I never got a response, but I assume it was because I live in a state that isn't "southern" enough. Or possibly because my shed wasn't finished yet. Oh well, the little sulcata I ended up with (from Chicago) has been a joy to have. Maybe one day if I get a bigger yard that can accommodate an additional large, heated shed, I can try again.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Deaf Paul said:
Deaf Paul said:
Filling out a form.

Been looking for a larger sulcata for a while now anyways. Hope it works out. Worried about the shipping part to Hawaii though.

-Paul

Not sure if anybody cares but I'm doing my part...

In process of adopting "Fred" from turtlerescues.com - larger sulcata. Turned in paperwork and check to the state of Hawaii agriculture's Animal Quarantine department today for processing, and sent $235 (eek) to Julie for the Delta flight to bring Fred over for his new life-long vacation on Oahu.

-Paul

OMG!! That's wonderful, and expensive...wow. What a wonderful life he's going to have.

Mike...your adoption form could have gotten lost. Sometimes they are so busy over there....I'm sorry about that, but at least you got your little guy...no matter where it's from.

Status
Not open for further replies.