when they eat what you serve

ColleenT

Location (City and/or State)
Lehigh Valley Pa
i LOVE when your turtles enjoy what you feed them. This is a bad pic, but i was outside the enclosure after i fed them, and Bernadette had walked thru it and had food all over her mouth. I saw her eating it. When i feed in the evenings, the food is usually gone in the mornings. I wish i had a night-time camera that was motion activated. i'd love to watch my turts at night.

berneatwalkthrudish_zps0p395yox.jpg

Rue

Canada
I haven't ever priced out security cameras, or go-pros, or anything along those lines, but it would be great to have one set up to see what they do when you're not watching. Especially if you can speed up the whole thing! :D

AJK Aquaria

Box turtles would make great fishing partners. They're up and active before the sun rises, IME.

Is that corn in the dish? I read it's an option here on an old post. Offered some this week and they crushed it. Right off the cob.

Last edited:

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Box turtles would make great fishing partners. They're up and active before the sun rises, IME.

Is that corn in the dish? I read it's an option here on an old post. Offer red some this week and they crushed it. Right off the cob.

I'm guessing scrambled eggs.

I give all mine corn on the cob too, I love watching them drag it everywhere.

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
i have fed them scrambled eggs in the past and they love it. but this is actually a recipe from a lady who is an expert in Boxies. it is butternut squash, first i soften it by microwaving a short time, then i freeze it in small cube shapes then thaw what i need. I chop it small, and i add some dandelion greens and some Omega One turtle pellets that have been ground in a coffee grinder.the Turtle pellet then becomes like a powder almost. I then add enough water to let the food be a bit runny and let the Omega One thicken for a minute. Then i either add some fruit, or just feed it as is. They like it. And the Squash being yellow, they get the beta-carotene they need.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
i have fed them scrambled eggs in the past and they love it. but this is actually a recipe from a lady who is an expert in Boxies. it is butternut squash, first i soften it by microwaving a short time, then i freeze it in small cube shapes then thaw what i need. I chop it small, and i add some dandelion greens and some Omega One turtle pellets that have been ground in a coffee grinder.the Turtle pellet then becomes like a powder almost. I then add enough water to let the food be a bit runny and let the Omega One thicken for a minute. Then i either add some fruit, or just feed it as is. They like it. And the Squash being yellow, they get the beta-carotene they need.

We are the Chef de Cuisine to our little celebrities! Virtually my turtles eat a better balanced diet than my kids! I feel like I've gone to box turtle culinary school, lol!

Turtle mom

5 Year Member
New Orleans
I know, my husband is jealous that I spend more time preparing food for the turtles than I do for him.
Colleen, you can buy an infrared trail camera that is motion activated. They are not that expensive and are available at sporting goods stores.