Ilene is outside!!

ColleenT

Location (City and/or State)
Lehigh Valley Pa
Sutures came out today and she had a nice warm soak and then i introduced her to her new home. She was really moving along in there. she found the water, she went in, she climbed out, she walked all over and even found the food dish. Here are some pics.

When i first put her down.
Ileneout1_zpsvwyqvvle.jpg

Bernadette watching
Ilneout2_zpschoa5mal.jpg

Hosta flowers
Hostasflower_zpsfqklsbel.jpg

Ileneout3_zpsrkwjscje.jpg

Ileneout4_zpszlkiegah.jpg

Ileneout5_zpswh0iixra.jpg

Wolowitz on the stepping stone. She was moving so fast he didn't really notice her.
Ileneout6_zpspqwidbl9.jpg

Ileneout7_zpsvikird4i.jpg

Nicole M

5 Year Member
So sweet (love the name!). :) I read about your situation with her while perusing the vendor threads... How awful. I'm so happy you kept her and are taking such good care of her!

With the amount of bone sticking out, it looked like amputation was very far up the leg. How well is she able to move with the length different between her legs? When the wound is more healed, do you think you'll make her some sort of prosthesis to reduce irritation to that portion of the leg (assuming she doesn't already have such a thing)?

Last edited:

ColleenT

Location (City and/or State)
Lehigh Valley Pa
So sweet (love the name!). :) I read about your situation with her while perusing the vendor threads... How awful. I'm so happy you kept her and are taking such good care of her!

With the amount of bone sticking out, it looked like amputation was very far up the leg. How well is she able to move with the length different between her legs? When the wound is more healed, do you think you'll make her some sort of prosthesis to reduce irritation to that portion of the leg (assuming she doesn't already have such a thing)?

She moves quite well. the stump tries to move, but it does not touch the ground, so does not have any problems. you would be surprised how fast she can move using only 3 legs. a prosthesis would cause undue discomfort. she does not need one.

Nicole M

5 Year Member
She moves quite well. the stump tries to move, but it does not touch the ground, so does not have any problems. you would be surprised how fast she can move using only 3 legs. a prosthesis would cause undue discomfort. she does not need one.
I see. Thank you for explaining. :) Well, I'm so happy she's moving around well! She's a beautiful girl, and she's lucky to have you.

surfergirl

great news! she is a happy and healthy now because of your care! one lucky box turtle that found her way to you!