Whattssss up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

awsamb

5 Year Member
Hi! Im 15 years old, male, a freshmen at Lake Orion high school in Michigan, US. I inherited an elongated tortoise from my dads hairtsylist who got it from her daughters boyfriend and she is just sick and tired of caring for it. My mom and I have been running all across town finding supplies for her (the tortoise). I have decided to name her Bolt. Weve been told different things by different people but I think we've gotten it figured out. Also, Ive been told that elongateds are more of an uncommon species of tortoise and that theyre actually endangered! Well thanks for reading and have a nice day!

Attachments

• IMG_20121109_174752.jpg
    IMG_20121109_174752.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 47

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi awsamb, and welcome to the Forum!!

Its good that you and your mom have taken in this tortoise. Poor thing looks like it needed rescuing. The beak is growing funny, might need a trim. And the leg scales don't look quite right. Maybe the tortoise used to be kept too dry. At any rate, she's on the road to good care now, and congrats to you and your mom!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome.:) We have a few members from Michigan. Glad you were able to take her in. You should be able to get all the help you need here. Any questions just ask.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Welcome! Glad you got her in a home that is willing to care for her. You are correct about them being endangered, they are drastically declining in wild population numbers in large volume.

awsamb

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi awsamb, and welcome to the Forum!!

Its good that you and your mom have taken in this tortoise. Poor thing looks like it needed rescuing. The beak is growing funny, might need a trim. And the leg scales don't look quite right. Maybe the tortoise used to be kept too dry. At any rate, she's on the road to good care now, and congrats to you and your mom!!
Yes and thank you! I know this is probabaly not the place to discuss this but yes, I feel we have humitidity and soaking down now. The last caretakers did not. How do i trim the beak?

Status
Not open for further replies.