What's wrong with Alfie? Please help me....

Smile

5 Year Member
Should I get Gerber's baby food instead then? Those threads made me so happy... it's exactly what Alfie's going through right now! Hope he can recover. :)

Smile

5 Year Member
Think he might have just passed... he's unresponsive.

Smile

5 Year Member
He's not moving at all, no matter what I do to him. I think it's safe to assume that he's dead... R.I.P Alfie

Sigh... I'll leave him under his lights for a few more minutes, hopefully I get some movement.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
I'm so sorry! I was hoping he'd be okay, too!
Try a sensitive place, like an armpit or head. I'm really sorry this in happening, I don't know what was wrong!

Zeko

5 Year Member
He's not moving at all, no matter what I do to him. I think it's safe to assume that he's dead... R.I.P Alfie

Sigh... I'll leave him under his lights for a few more minutes, hopefully I get some movement.

Keep him under the lights for a while. Don't take him out, and assume he is dead. If you want, put some water in a dish, but him in the dish under the light.

Smile

5 Year Member
He has to be gone... he's not responding to anything I do and he usually does. I'm crying my eyes out right now and don't think I'll be leaving my room for the next few months... my best friend's gone... what did I do wrong?????? :(

Hopefully I'll be back some day guys... I'm sooo depressed right now. I loved the little guy so much, he was awesome...

Gab5150

Central Ohio
I am so sorry :( I watched your thread on him from the first day, even before I actually became a member on this forum. Try not to be too hard on yourself, clearly you loved him and tried to give him the very best life.

katfinlou

5 Year Member
So so sad and very sorry for your loss. Your thread has got me in tears I can't imagine how you feel

M

Maggie Cummings

Hatchlings are difficult to keep, and a lot depends on how the breeder cared for him...Sorry for your loss...

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
Wow, I'm so sorry this has happened. Poor little tortie, I wonder what went wrong and why he was so picky with eating? :( RIP Alfie. :<3:

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I'm so sorry! I was wishing for you and Alfie. I'm sorry.
Yes, please remember this ISN'T your fault! You gave him the very best, and I know he knew you loved him.
I'm sorry :(

Smile

5 Year Member
Wow, I'm so sorry this has happened. Poor little tortie, I wonder what went wrong and why he was so picky with eating? :( RIP Alfie. :<3:
I really wish I knew why it was... ever since he arrived here he was a problem feeder. My mom wanted to get me an older sulcata later this week but I don't want another one, I loved Alfie... his lifeless body is still inside his cage and since I don't have a yard yet, I don't know what I'll be doing with his body since I can't bury it. Throwing it in the trash would be wrong but it's like my only choice...

Zeko

5 Year Member
I really wish I knew why it was... ever since he arrived here he was a problem feeder. My mom wanted to get me an older sulcata later this week but I don't want another one, I loved Alfie... his lifeless body is still inside his cage and since I don't have a yard yet, I don't know what I'll be doing with his body since I can't bury it. Throwing it in the trash would be wrong but it's like my only choice...

You could always keep his shell...

I think when/if any of my tortoises pass, I would.