what will you do with your torts after you are gone? hmmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
well being an immortal this problem does not affect me, but by some chance I do happen to die, ( unlikely) My mom gets first pick of any tortoises she wants, the rest will go to the CTTC to be adopted out.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
We have in our will that when the time comes if no family/friend wants the little guy, we left the contact info for a tort rescue and a sum of money to help out, plus a care sheet with his medical history, substrate type, likes/dislikes, diet, etc. Our parents have a copy and its in our important drawer (its no use if no one can find it!). Seems like there are a higher proportion of people than normal here on the forum who have wills--that is so great. Its sad to hear about people dieing without a will as it can create so many problems for the survivors. Hopefully we have a kid someday who wants him. I think it would be great if he outlives us...there isn't enough info out there to know how long these torts will live in captivity now that we think we are caring for them as close to ideal as we can.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Mean Guy~For some reason your reply made me laugh so hard I could hardly stop.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Angi said:

Omg I am laughing so hard, the best part was when he said "I will take him with me".

Mean Guy

5 Year Member
It was the title that got me to post that, lol. "what will you do with your torts after you are gone?" After I am gone I won't be able to do anything with them, so before hand everything goes to my youngest son (He thinks Ted is his anyway).

Anywho I figure they like to burrow anyway, so what is an extra five and a half feet to a tort? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.