what will you do with your torts after you are gone? hmmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
North East

I was thinking the other night about what I will do with mine....What are your plans for your Beloved torts after you are gone????:tort::cool:

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Interesting thread. A will is best, atleast in my case.

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
I'm hoping I'll outlive Betty but my plan is that if none of the kids show an interest in keeping her I will look for a tortoise sanctuary close to where I live. We plan on moving to Texas so I will look there for a sanctuary. But again, I'm hoping to outlive her :) She's still a baby so I've got some time before I need to start planning. And I'm still 29 years young ha ha! Should anything happen before that, my fiance & sister are aware of my wishes for her.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Interesting thread.hmmmm

I would like to think that my kids would look after them, But that is in an ideal world, and in this world not everything works out the way you want.

If the kids did not show interest or the love for them then i would give them to a sanctuary to breed with them and reintroduce to the wild..

turtletania

5 Year Member
my 4 and 8 year old daughters already KNOW they will be taking over!

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
ALDABRAMAN said:

Just be sure to spell my last name correctly on that will ok?......

My 4 yr old daughter will take over.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I don't know if our will's are amended yet ( I don't do that icky stuff). Our plan is to leave Leia to whichever one of the kid's wants her and also have a tort sanctuary listed as a secondary option. But, I do think it is a good idea to add info about this forum. If anything else it is proof of the quality of care and love we "had" for her.

Leebug

5 Year Member
Arizona
turtletania said:
my 4 and 8 year old daughters already KNOW they will be taking over!

Same here, mine are 4 and almost 6 :)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
So far it is my 16 year old who will get them. He seems to care most about them. I guess I should change our will to state that the house goes to the kid that takes care of the torts.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
If I die, everyone and everything will have been dead for weeks.

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
ALDABRAMAN said:

You really have a family member or friend willing to take over the herd? you are lucky!!! I am sure there are alot of people who think what you do is cool and neat but few would realize what a HUGE commitment you must make for those torts.....

This is a very hard question if you take it seriously (and it is fun to joke around) but In my case, I dont want to put that on my kids...they are 11 and 8 and they will be in college before you know it, they cant commit to taking my group of torts at this age or even college age for that matter.....they tie you down and I dont want my boys to have to give up on any life experiences because they have to take care of their dead fathers tortoises!!! ha ha , sounds kinda extreme but you know what im saying? I made the choice to raise these pets, not them....hopefully the TFO will still be around in 20-30-60 years so we can just have it in our will to re-home the tortoises to well known members....heck not to sound nasty or anything but, I will out-live alot of you on this forum....and the youngest members will out -live me so to say we have a plan re-homeing our torts on this forum is even a bit risky.......

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I have the name, address, and phone number of the person who will take my torts and turts, taped to all my vivariums. I also have on the side of each viv, a small care sheet saying what they are fed, how often, temperature's, and light information. After doing all this, now I won't think about this ever again.

Mean Guy

5 Year Member
I will take him with me or I will get my family to take care of him till I get back. I am never gone for more than a few days.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
darren.. if you come back from the dead... ( that is what we are talking about.. gone=dead) and can still care for them.. that would be too cool!

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Our wills have been amended to include our current pets. Currently my oldest sister will get control of our pets. She is a vet tech and a tortoise keeper.

Our oldest daughter is a member of a 4H reptile club. Once she reaches 18 years old, she becomes the one who will inherit the pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.