What tortoise?

NiinaHawk

Location (City and/or State)
Finland
I need help, can anyone say what tortoise this is?
it is big and from peru.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 54

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Though I have zero direct experience with South American tortoises this appears to be a yellow foot that received poor growing up.

NiinaHawk

Finland
Thank you for your answer. I think that too. But shell look bad. Is yellow foot forest tortoise? I mean not terrapin?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum!:tort:

Sorry, don't know what species your tort is. BUT as far as the shell is concerned, well that is "pyramiding" which is caused by lack of humidity.

NiinaHawk

Finland
Thank you. I have 6 tortoises and this one is suppost to come live with us, cause owner could keep her/him. That's why i wanna be sure what species it is. I have other rescue tortoises too, but this one will be really big. If i get it here.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I hope you get it and give it a much better life than it seems to have had so far.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
It's either a redfoot or a yellowfoot. A picture of the top of its head will help people be sure, though their care is quite similar. The poor baby looks like a mess. It probably has MBD, I hope you can get him healthy, though his shell will never be pretty he can still have a full life.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
It's either a redfoot or a yellowfoot. A picture of the top of its head will help people be sure, though their care is quite similar. The poor baby looks like a mess. It probably has MBD, I hope you can get him healthy, though his shell will never be pretty he can still have a full life.
Good luck!

M

Maggie Cummings

It looks like a Redfoot to me, but I don't keep them. It's seriously pyramided and has MBD, that's obvious. MBD is painful.
Seems to me what you are doing is paying someone else's vet bill; They screwed that tort up bad, and they need to pay for it. Just my opinion.