What to put in a 10 gallon tank...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeganAlyse

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Atlanta, GA
Any ideas? I had it set up for hermit crabs, but moved them to a different enclosure. I've got playsand as a substrate, with vines and things to climb on, and a screen lid. I'm allergic to things with fur x_x Any ideas?

jbean7916

5 Year Member
not much I can think of for a 10 gallon. maybe another Leo?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tarantula, small frog or salamander species, centipede, a roach colony like Blaptica dubia to make your own food for your other animals, ...

You'll probably have to change the substrate for any animal you decide to get.

MeganAlyse

5 Year Member
Atlanta, GA
i had a tarantula once... i liked her, but it just wasn't my thing. i have zero interest in fish or bugs, and my leo set up is large enough that another could easily fit in with her (her cagemate recently died), but that wouldn't help with the empty one! i was thinking maybe a sandfish or jones armadillo lizard?

TheBennillers

5 Year Member
A young crested gecko would fit. Of course it would out grow the tank eventually, but depending on the size of one you get it would work for awhile. We just got my daughter one for her birthday and she loves it, I think I might love it even more than she does though.

TheBennillers

5 Year Member
MeganAlyse said:
crested geckos like vertical tanks, though, i thought.

They do. when they get older a 10 gal wouldn't be tall enough but just starting out a 10 is fine. Our Gecko is only 2inches long at most right now. I do know of some people that turn the 10 on it's side for 1 adult crested though.

Status
Not open for further replies.