What to feed a Margi to firm up stool ?

Legmaker72

Location (City and/or State)
South West Florida
While I'm waiting for my Tustudo mix seeds to arrive,
I need to figure out what to feed my girl to firm up her stools.
I've been feeding her hibiscus, kale, spring mix greens, Zoomed grassland tort food...
Haven't had much more than that available yet to me for her.
Her stools are still too soft, runny and dark green.
If I don't catch her in time to soak her (so she goes in there), she goes in the enclosure and walks through it and drags it all over the place. Makes a huge stinky mess.
So...are there any other readily available high fiber foods I can feed her to get her stools to be those firm sausages that everyone talks about ?
Thanks in advance !

W Shaw

Is she getting squash, tomato or other fruit as treats? Any of those can cause issues. I'm still new to tortoise care though, so maybe some of the old hands will check in.

Legmaker72

Location (City and/or State)
South West Florida
Is she getting squash, tomato or other fruit as treats? Any of those can cause issues. I'm still new to tortoise care though, so maybe some of the old hands will check in.

No, no fruit at all.
Just what I listed so far.
I believe she was on primarily varied tortoise foods before I got her and I was told she used to go solid round/sausage stools before. So, I'm assuming it's the change in her diet since I've had her.
I think I will feed her primarily the tortoise chow for a little while as I grow the recommended weeds for her.
I was just wondering if there was any other easily available high fiber foods available.

SteveW

No, no fruit at all.
Just what I listed so far.
I believe she was on primarily varied tortoise foods before I got her and I was told she used to go solid round/sausage stools before. So, I'm assuming it's the change in her diet since I've had her.
I think I will feed her primarily the tortoise chow for a little while as I grow the recommended weeds for her.
I was just wondering if there was any other easily available high fiber foods available.

Hi there. When I am stuck without weeds I chop up the spring mix,collards, endive, etc., spray with water and coat with this
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1453283484.337801.jpg

And/or this
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1453283514.688000.jpg

The former is from tortoise supply and awesome, the latter I get from tractor supply. Easy way to add some fiber.