Please help (trying to vomit?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-sully-x

5 Year Member
My 5 year old sulcata tonight has started being sick - She hasn't brought anything up but when she is trying her head is right out, mouth open and you can see it's very distressing for her :(

We have recently put sphagnum moss in the enclosure to create moisture but we think she may have been a gluten and eaten a huge amount and this may explain the reason for her being sick.

She has done this before when she had impaction...

Should we soak her... I am so concerned and worried my heart is in my mouth when I see her like that because I don't know how to help her.

She has also had some brown liquid coming from her bottom recently she has it almost every day... Her normal stools are firm.

If anyone could help I would be very grateful!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
RE: Please help :(

The best I can tell you to do for now is put her in the tub with warm water. Keep her warm, but the tub gives them space to walk around and struggle to get out, which can make things inside her move, incase it is impaction. Also, hopefully whe will drink to get what might be stuck in her throat out. the eating of the moss, is the exact reason I stopped using it two years ago when my Leo was only a couple months old. I personally don't like the stuff. Others do though. I guess it depends on the tortoise. Someone should be along soon with more. Good luck, hope all turns out well.

x-sully-x

5 Year Member
RE: Please help :(

She is in the bath now... We have discovered she has been sick and is still being sick - just brought up the sphagnum :( Just when you think your doing right boom... It's all wrong and my tortoise is poorly... It breaks my heart...

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Soaks and warm temps are so helpful, I hope she feels better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.