what to do to keep busy on 2day bus ride

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
Learn to knit :D You'd probably have a new hat to wear by the time you got to Louisiana!

i actually know how to knit
you will encounter many many many many many people who are morally opposed to bathing

almost ever greyhound trip i've ever taken it either is someone who don't bath or dont bath but try to cover up the smell with cologne which just creates a thick cologne cloud that is so strong it can almost be tasted

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
i'm not really to worried about it im a big enough guy to take care of myself i think im more worried about not understanding the driver on the intercom it alway's sounds like they're mouth is full trying to chew and talk at the same time

Maybe tell the driver when you get on that you are hearing impaired and that you need to get off at "xxx" stop so that he can make sure to speak clearly.

I don't want to talk about my bus experiences, they were that bad. Spending the night at a bus station in Oakland was terrifying and gross.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Maybe tell the driver when you get on that you are hearing impaired and that you need to get off at "xxx" stop so that he can make sure to speak clearly.

I don't want to talk about my bus experiences, they were that bad. Spending the night at a bus station in Oakland was terrifying and gross.

that's what im going to try to do and just make sure i communicate with him at each stop, yeah i'm hoping everything goes smooth i remember some of the greyhound places are pretty much just little shacks i don't want to be stranded and locked out at night

Stitchpunk

Auckland New Zealand
i actually know how to knit

almost ever greyhound trip i've ever taken it either is someone who don't bath or dont bath but try to cover up the smell with cologne which just creates a thick cologne cloud that is so strong it can almost be tasted

Well there you go then! Do something productive with the time. And if you're busy counting stitches and someone tries to talk to you you can just frown at them until they get the message:) (My hearing isn't great either. I find knitting on public transport makes it less likely that someone will sit next to me and try to have a conversation where I won't hear half of what they say. I think people are scared I'll poke them with the pointy sticks if they sit close.)

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Well there you go then! Do something productive with the time. And if you're busy counting stitches and someone tries to talk to you you can just frown at them until they get the message:) (My hearing isn't great either. I find knitting on public transport makes it less likely that someone will sit next to me and try to have a conversation where I won't hear half of what they say. I think people are scared I'll poke them with the pointy sticks if they sit close.)

when it comes to just not wanting to talk to people i'm just kinda rude lol i have these big over the ear headphones i can use with my hearing aid and i just don't take them off much lol

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Put a sticky note on your back that says the name of your stop, put on your headphones, turn your back and pretend to be asleep.

Also don't forget your deodorant. No one likes the smelly kid.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA

Xxx stop? I like the sound of that sign me up

Prairie Mom

i don't want to be stranded and locked out at night
I know what to do!!!!...Forum members along the route from Oregon to Louisiana can set up checkpoints to make sure Naturalman reaches his destination! YEAH!...we can all wear a secret decoder tortoise-shaped pin or something so we're recognizable at each of your stops. I live only about two hours from the Greyhound stop at what could potentially be the WORST/COLDEST part of your trip if your route happens to swing that way. I'll take the two hour drive to one of the most depressing McDonalds in the world that is across from the tiny Greyhound station parking lot in the abandoned strip mall covered in snow. I'll be the girl wearing sunglasses reading the newspaper if an emergency should arise. :p

greyhound map.png

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I know what to do!!!!...Forum members along the route from Oregon to Louisiana can set up checkpoints to make sure Naturalman reaches his destination! YEAH!...we can all wear a secret decoder tortoise-shaped pin or something so we're recognizable at each of your stops. I live only about two hours from the Greyhound stop at what could potentially be the WORST/COLDEST part of your trip if your route happens to swing that way. I'll take the two hour drive to one of the most depressing McDonalds in the world that is across from the tiny Greyhound station parking lot in the abandoned strip mall covered in snow. I'll be the girl wearing sunglasses reading the newspaper if an emergency should arise. :p

View attachment 163551
a depressing McDonalds? I find that hard to believe they're full of fun, sunshine, and happiness.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon

View attachment 163551

i don't have to leave till march so hopefully its warmer then lol i don't like snow. i'm not even sure what my route is but i know it goes through Nevada '

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
so this coming march i'm taking a bus allllll the way from southern oregon to Alexandria louisiana for my brother's wedding i've taken a bus from here to arkansas but this add's about 12 hours

so
what would you do to pass the time
Kick the seat in front of you . Pee on the only toilet . Play annoying music . Snore really loud . Fart really loud . Cough really loud and blow your nose . At least it seems that's what everyone did to pass the time when I took a greyhound bus from Houston to South Carolina . I'll fly next time for sure .

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Kick the seat in front of you . Pee on the only toilet . Play annoying music . Snore really loud . Fart really loud . Cough really loud and blow your nose . At least it seems that's what everyone did to pass the time when I took a greyhound bus from Houston to South Carolina . I'll fly next time for sure .
as you wish your highness :)

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon

just start hacking up a lung then say out loud oh im sorry my ebola is acting up lol

i'd actually rather greyhound then fly if y flight was anything like my last. it was horrible being 6,4 on a little plane next to the window sucked i can't afford a plan anyway lol if i could i'd take a train

Prairie Mom

Do us a favor, David. Write down the interesting things that transpire along this trip. And then give us an update when it's over.
It is already a great story.:)
Agreed! I'm putting in for a future thread request:)