what to do to keep busy on 2day bus ride

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
so this coming march i'm taking a bus allllll the way from southern oregon to Alexandria louisiana for my brother's wedding i've taken a bus from here to arkansas but this add's about 12 hours

so
what would you do to pass the time

Prairie Mom

I've never done it, but would think: books, books, and more books. ...And I can't remember how much you're able to hear, but regardless, I would wear headphones just to keep the crazies from talking to you :D

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
I've never done it, but would think: books, books, and more books. ...And I can't remember how much you're able to hear, but regardless, I would wear headphones just to keep the crazies from talking to you :D

i can hear enough to know someone is talkign to me but unless im looking directly at them i can't understand it i can hear with headphones on to just have to use other the ear with my hearing aid. im gonna bring my ipod and my tablet with bunches of movies and a few books

it may sound bad but im going to play TOTALLY deaf so no body will wanna bother me lol

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Books, adult beverages and a nap!
You still have us to chat with! Download movies on your device.
Headphones are a must!
Make a video montage from your pics from 2015.

Prairie Mom

it may sound bad but im going to play TOTALLY deaf so no body will wanna bother me lol
Bah ha ha ha!!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!

Bringing movies sounds fun. I wasn't sure if that would work. Sounds like you'll make the most of it.:D

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Books, adult beverages and a nap!
You still have us to chat with! Download movies on your device.
Headphones are a must!
Make a video montage from your pics from 2015.

i think you mean 2016 ;) lol and no adult beverages allowed but i don't think that's a bad thing some people are unpredictable when they drink

Bah ha ha ha!!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!

Bringing movies sounds fun. I wasn't sure if that would work. Sounds like you'll make the most of it.:D

yeah i can bring my tablet with a few memory cards full of movies i have a lot of my dvds on my computer

only thing im really worried about is this will be the first time on a greyhound going this far alone and you hear some pretty interesting things on greyhound like when i was 12-14 and came back from Arkansas to where i live know to visit my grandpa before moving back here i got stuck next to a lady that was a little mental
she would be dead asleep and talking coherently saying "momma said" over and over again as she slept it scared me pretty bad lol im glad my dad was with me and on that same bus another one kept falling me around to the point the bus driver left her at a stop because he didn't trust her on the bus

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I will never take the bus again I took one once from California to Nevada worst trip ever the Titanic voyage was probably better than mine but if I ever had 2 do it again booze and sleeping pills whole trip

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Only horrible memories here as well from when my "thrifty" father bought me a bus ticket when I was 10 to visit him in Florida from South Carolina.
What a freak show!

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
I will never take the bus again I took one once from California to Nevada worst trip ever the Titanic voyage was probably better than mine but if I ever had 2 do it again booze and sleeping pills whole trip

you get caught with booze or under the influence on the bus now they'll kick you off i've thought of the sleeping pills idea but i don't like the thought of maybe sleeping through my stop lol

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Only horrible memories here as well from when my "thrifty" father bought me a bus ticket when I was 10 to visit him in Florida from South Carolina.
What a freak show!

my memories aren't necessarily bad per say just uh interesting i know to be on my toes to say the least

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
oh yeah on top of the memories i already had listed i once had to sit next to someone i didn't know as the bus was full except for directly across from each other so my dad sat there the guy i sat next to jolted awake about 4am flipped his over head light and told everyone around him in a loud voice "WAKE UP! it's friday the races are today and i gotta study real hard if i want to get in" it was only Tuesday......

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
No , I meant to go through last years photos on your tablet and make a video to kill time. I have used One True Media.

Prairie Mom

i think you mean 2016 ;) lol and no adult beverages allowed but i don't think that's a bad thing some people are unpredictable when they drink

yeah i can bring my tablet with a few memory cards full of movies i have a lot of my dvds on my computer

only thing im really worried about is this will be the first time on a greyhound going this far alone and you hear some pretty interesting things on greyhound like when i was 12-14 and came back from Arkansas to where i live know to visit my grandpa before moving back here i got stuck next to a lady that was a little mental
she would be dead asleep and talking coherently saying "momma said" over and over again as she slept it scared me pretty bad lol im glad my dad was with me and on that same bus another one kept falling me around to the point the bus driver left her at a stop because he didn't trust her on the bus
Holy Cow! That is creepy!!!!

My husband took the Grey Hound quite a bit when he was in college. Surprisingly, he has no bad stories to tell, so there is still hope for your upcoming trip :D

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Holy Cow! That is creepy!!!!

My husband took the Grey Hound quite a bit when he was in college. Surprisingly, he has no bad stories to tell, so there is still hope for your upcoming trip :D

i'm not really to worried about it im a big enough guy to take care of myself i think im more worried about not understanding the driver on the intercom it alway's sounds like they're mouth is full trying to chew and talk at the same time

Stitchpunk

Auckland New Zealand
so this coming march i'm taking a bus allllll the way from southern oregon to Alexandria louisiana for my brother's wedding i've taken a bus from here to arkansas but this add's about 12 hours

so
what would you do to pass the time

Learn to knit :D You'd probably have a new hat to wear by the time you got to Louisiana!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
you will encounter many many many many many people who are morally opposed to bathing