What sex are my Hermanns?

Driver

5 Year Member
I got these Hermanns back in October and am unsure of the sex. Here are a few pictures of each. Any input would be appreciated.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi David:

I'm not familiar with the Hermann's tortoises, but I'm guessing that the ones with the spur on the end of the tail are male and the one without the spur is female.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
It looks like you have a young pair my friend. Top being male, bottom being female

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
First 3 photos are male, last 2 photos are female.
Both sexes have the spurred tail.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thanks, Chris...another little tidbit to add to my treasury of tortoise facts.

Driver

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the input. I was leaning in that direction, but was not 100% and my wife wanted other people's opinions. Looks like this is an excuse to pick up another female :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Driver said:
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the input. I was leaning in that direction, but was not 100% and my wife wanted other people's opinions. Looks like this is an excuse to pick up another female :)

Haha, great way to look at it. I like your thinking:D

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
wellington said:
Driver said:

LOL....................................so if both are female you will get a male still. what if both are male.....I guess you will trade one and buy two female. You just use this post/forum to covering you want to get another torts.......Love it.

Great thinking/excuse.

Driver

5 Year Member
bouaboua said:
wellington said:
Driver said:

LOL....................................so if both are female you will get a male still. what if both are male.....I guess you will trade one and buy two female. You just use this post/forum to covering you want to get another torts.......Love it.

Great thinking/excuse.

Sounds about right. :D