Status
Not open for further replies.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
momo said:
hi , what keep me sane? god, family and my pets. i have learned as an old fart , not to worry about things i can't control. happy over all! lindy
:tort:Lindy, anyone who is happy about finding a spoiler, I think you are great!

Terry Allan Hall said:
I fight stress through loving my wife, children, Grandmother and our "beasties"...the faith I follow teaches us that our family/friends/pets give us roots and strength.

famnanny.jpg

The Hall Household

As the song goes, they're all the wind beneath my wings...hope someday to be worthy of them all. :cool:

Now, as to my sanity...I quit bothering with that years ago! :p

Very nice looking family, you folks for sure seem happy.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Terry Allan Hall said:
I fight stress through loving my wife, children, Grandmother and our "beasties"...the faith I follow teaches us that our family/friends/pets give us roots and strength.

famnanny.jpg

The Hall Household

As the song goes, they're all the wind beneath my wings...hope someday to be worthy of them all. :cool:

[/quote]

We are happy, at that...4 generations under one roof is pretty cool.

As for nice looking, well, 4 out of 5 ain't bad...and they rarely mind me hanging around. :p

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Terry Allan Hall said:
Terry Allan Hall said:

famnanny.jpg

The Hall Household

We are happy, at that...4 generations under one roof is pretty cool.

As for nice looking, well, 4 out of 5 ain't bad...and they rarely mind me hanging around. :p
[/quote]

LOL, ok!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
What keeps me sane is a good question.I can say my kids. I force myself to stay sane because of them yet sometime they are what stresses me out. I have a 17 year old and am not dealing with the teenager thing well. He also has OCD and I am so afraid of him sinking back into the bad place. I also worry about him getting into drug or alcohol. As far as I know he has not tried either, but it scares the heck out of me. My 12 year old is a very high energy, busy kid that wears me out. I know they both need me, but a lot of the time I feel usless. I don't have any good job skills and I also suffer from OCD and anxiety. With a low dose of meds and a lot of chinesse herbs I can control the OCD and anxiety in myself. I vollenteer and get involved with good causes and that makes me feel useful. I think I would become very depressed if I didn't feel that I was in some way helping others. Taking care of my tortoises relaxes me. I also pray a LOT.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
What keeps me sane is a good question.I can say my kids. I force myself to stay sane because of them yet sometime they are what stresses me out. I have a 17 year old and am not dealing with the teenager thing well. He also has OCD and I am so afraid of him sinking back into the bad place. I also worry about him getting into drug or alcohol. As far as I know he has not tried either, but it scares the heck out of me. My 12 year old is a very high energy, busy kid that wears me out. I know they both need me, but a lot of the time I feel usless. I don't have any good job skills and I also suffer from OCD and anxiety. With a low dose of meds and a lot of chinesse herbs I can control the OCD and anxiety in myself. I vollenteer and get involved with good causes and that makes me feel useful. I think I would become very depressed if I didn't feel that I was in some way helping others. Taking care of my tortoises relaxes me. I also pray a LOT.

LeroyLeft

5 Year Member
ct
I really dont post alot on the forum but iam on vacation ,cruiseing cozmel ,and key west, I just felt I had to say you are not alone! it takes alot of strength and courage to even openly talk about this .I also had a breakdown was out of work for months lost my zest for life thoughts of ending it.they said i suffered from ptsd and deppression for me i had to go into theropy and meds its not easy but there is hope and help ,my wife didnt give up on me or my daughter ,they stuck by my side.its been some years I lerned that material things are just that. I have learned to injoy life again. my torts help alot ,my woods my family .you are going to get through this its not easy, but talking about it for me help alot you are not alone. I wish you the very best .

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
I can't say I reached the point of a mental breakdown, but I ended up in therapy for a few months recently. I can relate a bit to what you're saying. I have the same challenge of overanalyzing and thinking things over too much. Leads to pretty bad social anxiety among other things.

I totally agree that you can't compare your problems to anyone else's. When someone's feelings start to overwhelm them, it doesn't matter how or why, it's just important to address them and start feeling healthy again.

What helps keep me going is music, reading, and friends/family, and my precious little tortois does help too. One important thing for me is to kind of force myself into social situations even when I'm nervous about them. Usually turns out better than I expected and reminds me that people do care about me even if sometimes it seems like I slip away unnoticed. Also, I started doing meditation which helps.

The first step for me was really just accepting where I was at and consciously wanting to get better, so I think its great that you're open about what your experiences were and are and facing those challenges.

You're definitely a positive contributor on this forum, and are doing a lot of good for animals.

I hope you find peace of my mind and lots of good feelings for yourself.

Best wishes,

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.