What is the best incubator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellfreak

10 Year Member!
my Russians started breeding for the first time about 20 days ago. all the research i have read say i should have an incubator ready to go in case they lay egss. what is the easiet incubator on the market. i dont have alot of time to mess around with humidity, etc. is there an incubator that i can put the eggs in, turn it on, and wait until they hatch? yes, im looking for the easiest path to hatchlings...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I've only ever used the Little Giant Bird Brooder. Haven't had any problems with it, but its best to buy a digital thermometer to use instead of the one that comes with the incubator. No matter what incubator you buy, you're going to have to tweek it to reach the correct temperature and humidity - all throughout the incubation cycle. You have to add water and adjust the temp almost weekly.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I use the Hovabator. Same basic thing as the Little Giant. I didn't have to tweak mine at all though. Once I set it I didn't have to touch it again. Mine stayed pretty humid as the room is fairly humid so I only added a little water twice in three months.

My point is they all have to be constantly monitored and fiddled with, depending on your conditions in your house.

Status
Not open for further replies.