2011-02-14_18-47-32_152.jpg

2011-02-14_18-54-34_491.jpg

2011-02-14_18-55-12_289.jpg

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Texas
Well, it's obviously not supposed to be there, so let's try to discover what it is. It's hard to tell from the photos...looks almost like wire? or is it hard stems? have your tried to put some gentle traction on it? try to figure out exactly what it is and we can figure out better how to deal with it.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
exoticsdr said:
Well, it's obviously not supposed to be there, so let's try to discover what it is. It's hard to tell from the photos...looks almost like wire? or is it hard stems? have your tried to put some gentle traction on it? try to figure out exactly what it is and we can figure out better how to deal with it.

He IS on cypress mulch...so it's most likely the cypress hair

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
well, then just grab it and put some gentle pressure on it and it should slip out fairly easily. Tortoise colon is pretty tough and made to pass materials like this and since it is cypress there is a very small chance that it is an exceptionally long fiber that could cause actual damage to the intestine like a linear foreign body in a domestic pet.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'd do a long warm water soak first. Then, as Dr. Westin said, try to GENTLY pull it out.

M

Maggie Cummings

Hey Fernando, Just pull on it gently and it should come right out. Mine are on cypress mulch also and I have pulled out lots of hairs like that. It comes right out without any problem...

Stan Lee

5 Year Member
They are pretty amazing. My 6 year old Sulcata passed a water bottle cap and occasionally will eat a drier sheet. After my dogs get done stealing them from us.
Talk about having to baby sit!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Stan Lee said:
They are pretty amazing. My 6 year old Sulcata passed a water bottle cap and occasionally will eat a drier sheet. After my dogs get done stealing them from us.
Talk about having to baby sit!

Hi Stan Lee:

Welcome to the forum!! May we know your name and where you are?

Status
Not open for further replies.