What besides EBTs could live naturally outdoors in WV???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeblercop

5 Year Member
Hi, I'm new to the forum and have been looking for Eastern Box Turtles for a couple of years...I was hoping that I could keep them in an outdoor enclosure and winter them there as well naturally. I am having an incredibly hard time finding any. I was wondering if there are any other turtles that I could research that are acclimated to my climate here in WV. Perhaps, since I cannot find EBTs, I could look into another species that is more readily available. Thank you in advance for any help. :)

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Keeblercop said:
Hi, I'm new to the forum and have been looking for Eastern Box Turtles for a couple of years...I was hoping that I could keep them in an outdoor enclosure and winter them there as well naturally. I am having an incredibly hard time finding any. I was wondering if there are any other turtles that I could research that are acclimated to my climate here in WV. Perhaps, since I cannot find EBTs, I could look into another species that is more readily available. Thank you in advance for any help. :)

Eastern Box turtles are commonly for sale on reptile classified websites like www.kingsnake.com and www.faunaclassifieds.com as well as occasionally here on TFO. You should have no problem finding any for sale. Especially now that spring is here in the east.
But you will should also check your state's wildlife laws. Many states require permits to keep Eastern Box and other native turtle species in captivity within that state. Many Eastern states also do not allow turtles to be taken from the wild within their state.

Keeblercop

5 Year Member
Thank you very much for the websites and info. :)

GBtortoises said:
Keeblercop said:

Eastern Box turtles are commonly for sale on reptile classified websites like www.kingsnake.com and www.faunaclassifieds.com as well as occasionally here on TFO. You should have no problem finding any for sale. Especially now that spring is here in the east.
But you will should also check your state's wildlife laws. Many states require permits to keep Eastern Box and other native turtle species in captivity within that state. Many Eastern states also do not allow turtles to be taken from the wild within their state.

tortoise_man1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Keeblercop said:

or instead of buying the ebt from the websites you could just post them in the wanted section :)

Status
Not open for further replies.