What are you using to measure temps and humidity?

Arjun&Yoshi

Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
if you could please tell me name brands that would be great, pictures even better :) . Right now I have the ZooMed economy dual analog temp and humidity gauge. Thank you, I get to bring home our baby RT on Friday, so very excited!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
To measure temperatures I use an infrared temperature gun. I have the Pro Exotics one and I really like it. As for humidity, I do not use anything for that. I keep the enclosure completely covered, keep the substrate damp, and spray as needed with warm water. I know the humidity is high because if I stick my head in the enclosure the air is warm and thick. I've always done it this way - never actually measured it.

Arjun&Yoshi

Toronto, Canada
Thank you! So I checked the homedepot website and they have one Springield Digital Humidity and temperature monitor. Is this something I could put right inside the enclosure?

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Thank you! So I checked the homedepot website and they have one Springield Digital Humidity and temperature monitor. Is this something I could put right inside the enclosure?
The one he's talking about is made by accurite and is called a home comefort meter. It's should be $10 at Home Depot. I've seen them at lowes too, even a bass pro shop once. Amazon has them as well. It takes (1) AA battery (not included) and yes you just drop it right in. I'll dig up a link to it in a min. The analog one suck and the infrared guns are good to spot check temps but do nothing for humidity. You can get a temp gun made by Roybi at Home Depot for I think $25, I'll see if Ivan find that link too.

Arjun&Yoshi

Toronto, Canada
I'm not sure if the Home Depot in Canada carries that brand, couldn't find it on the website. Wondering if the Springfield one would be ok?