Outdoor Thermometer with Sensors

kameya

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, California
I think many of you might be using this product already...but I just want to share my experience here with everyone.

I have setup multiple outdoor shelter for many of my tortoises, and it is a hassle to check the temperature and the humidity level in each shelter when we have the weathers changes from season to season. So I searched online and found this useful thermometer that came with the multiple sensors...

Out of box images...just need to add the AAA batteries and it's ready to go...

All three sensors can be read on the main LCD screen at once...plus the indoor temp.

Each sensor came with a screw mounting hole on the back for you to attach to the wall...but since I think I will probably move it around in my habitat quite a bit, I don't want it to be a permanent mount, so I use zip-tie and steel wire to create a removable hanger where I can hang the sensor at any corners in the habitat...

Here is my outdoor shelter #1

Outdoor shelter #2

The interior view of shelter#2 shows where I placed the sensor #2...

Outdoor shelter #3

With this thermometer, you can add up to total of 8 sensors if you have more habitats/shelters you like to monitor.
Now I can check the temp. and humidity level of all three outdoor shelters from my indoor den with a cup of warm tea during the cold season... ^_^

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi James:

Very nice. I wish the good fairies would install that for me in my home.

kameya

10 Year Member!
to Yvonne...

Maybe good fairies will tell Santa and let him know a fair lady in Clovis would need a useful thermometer for all her outdoor tortoise shelters/houses/elegant green house... ^_^

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
From your lips to....well, you know!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Thanks for the info, the company that carries these seems to be Ambient, and their URL is: ambientweather.com they seem to have a plenty of options for all budgets.

kameya

10 Year Member!
Yes...it is made by Ambient...where I found on Amazon. The model I got is the most popular one since it comes with 3 sensors. It's a bit pricey, but since it saves me quite a bit of times on checking each individual shelter's most current temp. status, I think it is worth the investment.