What are the consequences of pyramiding?

M

Maggie Cummings

Thanks for the reply, though i dont have a sulcata, sorry i forgot to mention this but i have a bells hinge-back tortoise.

Thanks for the reply, though i dont have a sulcata, sorry i forgot to mention this but i have a bells hinge-back tortoise.
Sorry I misunderstoond. I don't know much about tortoises or turtles.

M

Maggie Cummings

Im not planning to buy soil, im just going to use regular non fertilized soil from my garden (Its a completly private unused garden) and planting some cat grass on top of it to reduce the "muddyness"

And yeah, that was what i was talking about when i said i only reached about 40-50% humidity, i poured quite a lot of water into it.

But anyways, thanks for the reply![/QUOTE]

M

Maggie Cummings

Most pyramiding is strictly cosmetic. Sometimes tortoises are very misshapen due to wrong diet, no sun, etc. and this is usually accompanied with metabolic bone disease. But the mild type of pyramiding we usually see here, pyramiding that was caused due to the tortoise being raised too dry, is purely cosmetic and not harmful in the least to the animal.

purely cosmetic.(?)....I believe Knobby had MBD he felt soft. He couldn't lift his body up. I don't know much about turtles or tortoises. But I'm fairly sure Knobby had MBD