WELL SOPHIE IS A MALE :(

NicoleB26

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rome, OH
So now I have 2 male REDFOOTS. That explains why I haven't gotten any eggs :( they live together in a 10 x 4 foot enclosure, have for several years with no problem. Now I'm worried I should separate them so they don't try to mate each other ?? What do u guys think?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
So now I have 2 male REDFOOTS. That explains why I haven't gotten any eggs :( they live together in a 10 x 4 foot enclosure, have for several years with no problem. Now I'm worried I should separate them so they don't try to mate each other ?? What do u guys think?

How old are they/what is their size?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
two males would explain your lack of egg production. you should only have to separate if they start fighting.

NicoleB26

5 Year Member
Rome, OH
One is 10" idk his age but he hasn't grown any in the 4 yrs I've had him The other is 12" and he is 7 yrs old

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
just a heads up. Pairs don't usually work out.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Why do you all of a sudden think they are both males?
Do you have any photos of the plastron and tail areas?

NicoleB26

5 Year Member
Rome, OH
Why do you all of a sudden think they are both males?
Do you have any photos of the plastron and tail areas?
The one I thought was a female showed his penis last night. I flipped them over to compare and they r the same He started looking female a couple of years ago and the other male was trying to mate her/him so I thought for sure female. I will post pics of the other just to verify he is male when I get home.

NicoleB26

5 Year Member
Rome, OH
a penis would be proof enough for me :)
:) me too haha but I have never seen any male parts on the other so I'll still post pic tomorrow for verification . maybe I was wrong and he is a female :) then I would still have a pair !