Red foot enclosure question

jennycooper77

Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
So I am building a new enclosure for my male red foot. He is 10" at this point. I have read some of the previous posts on red foot enclosures and see the recommended size is 8' x 4'. My question is would a 6.6 x 6.6' work? Thanks for any input and advice.
Jenny & Crash šŸ¢

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
So I am building a new enclosure for my male red foot. He is 10" at this point. I have read some of the previous posts on red foot enclosures and see the recommended size is 8' x 4'. My question is would a 6.6 x 6.6' work? Thanks for any input and advice.
Jenny & Crash šŸ¢
For a 10" it's more recommended to go full 10'x10'. I would say 8'x4' should be the minimum. To get all math with it and provided the enclosure is to be a minimum of 2' high a 6.6' x 6.6' is roughly 42 square ft and a 8'x4' is roughly 32 square ft

Last edited:

jennycooper77

Georgia
Ok thank you so much! I will go for the 10'x10'. And are the recommendations the same for an outdoor enclosure as well?

jennycooper77

Georgia
Will do! I have a huge yard and luckily my dogs are tiny. I think I will fence off a small part for the dogs and let him have the rest to roam in.