Well, it looks like time to separate! Building new enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
It looks like it is time to separate Sherman (Sulcata) from Euclid and Echo (CDTs). This was of course recommended before, and they were doing fine so I was waiting until Sherman outgrew them (they are all about the same width and length right now), but I think now is best as he is starting to become a little pushy with them. The CDTs will remain in their current outdoor enclosure (see link below), and I will be making a new outdoor enclosure for Sherman.

Current outdoor enclosure: (See last page for most recent pictures.)
http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-16557.html

I am pretty happy with the current outdoor enclosure, but can anybody make any suggestions for improvements for an outdoor enclosure for a Sulcata only?

It will be the same 6'x6' dog kennel enclosure. It is all dirt right now, so I will have to buy grass for it, and of course plants, but other suggestions would be great too. Or do you think the old one is fine, and I should just make the new one similar to that?

Thanks!

motero

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
How about 10x20, He is going to be huge some day. My year old Sulcatas have 16x24 the two of them cover all that ground a couple of times a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.