Well I'll have to say goodbye to my tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
I don't know about Texas, but here in Louisiana the laws apply to animals (turtles and tortoises) native to North America but there are ZERO requirements on turtles and torts native to other countries.

So I didn't need anything for my Hermann's, and could have as many foreign torts as i want with no limitations!!! but I would have to have a Fishing/Hunting license to own box turtles (that's cheap), would be limited to 4, and could ONLY acquire them by taking them from the wild or be given one. It's completely ILLEGAL to buy, sell, trade, barter etc any North American box turtles in Louisiana.

GOOD LUCK, Gunter: here's hoping!!!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Zabbi0, I bet the Gulf Coast Turtle and Tortoise Society could tell you the Texas laws. I believe they're located in Houston and they really seem to be in top of things.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
i mean good for you that you're going to call wildlife, fish, & game...not that you shouldn't tell them you already have one. U can explain that you purchased it through CL, if they should ask. With these things you should always be upfront :-D

sibi said:
Good for you,!!

Status
Not open for further replies.