Welcome Rusty to Crazy1s household

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Meet Rusty (a Jordan/Israeli Greek). He joined us at 7:30 AM Wednesday April 23, 08. Thanks to Rustytheturtle one of our members
DSCF3846.jpg

Here is his first day outside boy did he have fun.
DSCF3822.jpg

First thing time he ate was today Saturday and it was Dandilion
DSCF3816.jpg

Hybiscus flower in background. He had no interest in.
DSCF3800.jpg

Outside enclosures still a work in progress front left is the Rabbit cages that hold the hatchlings and currently Rusty only when he is outside (2 cages), large wire cage behind them will be Rustys new digs. the large Wire enclosure in the left back will be Echo and Ajax new digs work resumes tomorrow. And the cinderblocks hold the DT I currently foster.
DSCF3871.jpg

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
He's a cutie Robyn. Looks like the plants are growing great for everyones pens - good job.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yes RFBT, I adopted him from a member on this site Rustytheturtle. He is currently in quarantine. Seems to be a good tort. Hides a lot indoors but is very adventuresome when I took him out today. When the back tort pen is completed he will be moving into Echo & Ajax enclosure. They will be moving into the larger one. More work being done tomorrow by family members and friends on the large pen. Sounds like I should have a small army over here to finish off the digging and leveling etc. 5 Grandkids 5 of there friends my daughter and 2 of her friends. Her Hubby has to work-lucky guy. So Digging Leveling and I get to BBQ for everyone. Hoping to be done with the work by noon as it is suppose to be over 100 here.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Crazy1 said:
. 5 Grandkids 5 of there friends my daughter and 2 of her friends. Her Hubby has to work-lucky guy. So Digging Leveling and I get to BBQ for everyone. Hoping to be done with the work by noon as it is suppose to be over 100 here.

Sounds like a good time will be had by all! I can smell the b-b-q all the way up here!

Yvonne

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
O wow, He is soooo cute, what a cute little face :). I have to say that I love you pens outside. They are amazing!!! Congrats!

Isa

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Congrats on the new addition, Robyn!
Isn't it great to have the torts outside now that its (incredibly!) warm out!?

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
He is very cute Robyn!! And to have all the help to get your pens redone. Do they want to come over and help me next :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I must admit I had to be some what of a slave driver to get them motivated. Teenagers you know. But They got the hard work done. The ground was dug 12 inches deep and sire laid down. Then the hole was backfilled and the pen placed back and leveled at least fairly leveled. They took all the blocks I had bought and encreaced the size of the DT pen. I am currently watering the new pen to settle the dirt. Then the wood will go up inside and more top organic soil to raise the level above the water line. Add some hills etc. Planting, oh and rocks when they dug they got some Really great rocks that I will be adding to the pens. Right now the DT are crawling all over them and loving it. My oldest Grandson (18) has offered to come back over for the next couple of weekends and help me finish the pens and move the rocks. I'll be posting pic soon.
Sorry Jen then he starts school again so I lose even my help. LOL

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like an extra special Grandkid to be willing to give up a few of his weekends to keep working on the project.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yeah, I think so. Thanks for noticing. Although it wasn't always that way. Seems he is growing up into a fine young man :D.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sometimes it's the "wasn't always that ways" who turn out the best in the end. It's going to give the two of you some wonderful memories to talk about in future years.

Status
Not open for further replies.