Weird "Floaters" in Greek's Shell

Joe Stevens

Location (City and/or State)
Neptune
Hi all,

I was looking over my 7ish year old Greek tortoise's shell and found some weird white line things. He's asleep right now so I wouldn't really be able to get a decent photo, but does anyone know if worms in the shell are anything to worry about? He lives inside so I don't know if he would have been exposed to any sort of parasites. He used to have one or two transparent ones but now there's quite a few more defined ones. He's black mainly (he's in my pfp :)) and the "floaties" are all in the lighter bits which makes me think they're eating away at something :(

He was being lethargic for about two days (may be thanks to the colder weather), but was walking around happily for most of today.

Please let me know if I'm just being paranoid about shell worms. If I'm not, I'll try to get a proper photo of these as soon as possible.

They kind of look like the attached photo but white instead of transparent10697650-3x2-xlarge.jpg

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
Never heard of shell worms, but I could be wrong....

See if this post sounds similar to what you are seeing.

-Meg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Meg steered you right. Do a search for "white squiggly lines", and you'll find lots to read about it.

Bottom line: We don't know what it is, but its totally normal and not harmful.