Weird chip on RES shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

promisetolove

5 Year Member
Hello

My baby res turtle seems to be doing fine, she basks all the time and swims all the time and eats regularly and poops regularly. But I recently went on vacation for a week with my boyfriend and his parents were watching them.

I didn't notice this last week so I'm pretty sure it's new? I hope he's not sick and it's really worrying me

There's a tiny chip on the outside of her shell
Please see the pictures and help!! :( I wanna know and do whatever I can and I hope she's okay [DISAPPOINTED FACE] ImageUploadedByTortForum1373926398.648709.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1373926407.310828.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1373926432.877613.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortForum1373926592.210958.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Looks to me like she could be getting ready to shed those scutes.

Don't pick or pull it. You'll probably find it flaked off into her tank soon enough.

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

TxTortMan

5 Year Member
I agree. I was thinking that she was about to shed her scutes, and may be overdue.

promisetolove

5 Year Member
Oh okay. I am so glad to hear its normal thanks so much for the help!!! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][TURTLE]

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Knobs of KY
100% agree...scute shedding time and it may be quick split from a bit faster than usual growth spurt :) She should be just fine, but I would make sure her water stays pretty clean until it has shed and healed :)

Hope this helps :)
-Proud Mommy of 4 RES

Status
Not open for further replies.