Weight gain??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellemaxwell_

5 Year Member
Ok so I weighed Trevor ( one and a half year old russian horsefield) for the first time today, and he weighed 126g, is this ok? Also how much should I feed him and how much? is it a good idea to weigh how much food I give him? Any suggestions on a feeding routine?

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
ellemaxwell_ said:
Ok so I weighed Trevor ( one and a half year old russian horsefield) for the first time today, and he weighed 126g, is this ok? Also how much should I feed him and how much? is it a good idea to weigh how much food I give him? Any suggestions on a feeding routine?

I don't know about that age. But, with my Russian I just give him a pile if food, 2x the size if his shell size. Most say to give them the amount of food that is the size if their shell. As for your feeding routine, they will get hungry just like we do at certain times. If you're used to eating breakfast at 8am, then you'll be hungry around that time. Same thing with them. My Russian will lay on his feeding slate rock sometimes waiting for me to feed him. What's your diet like? Temps?
Variety is great for them, specifically dark big leafy greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.