Weed / Plant ID

T Smart

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, IL
Are any of these weeds / plants safe. I keep picking them since I'm not sure.

1. IMG_4736.jpg

2. IMG_4738.jpg

3. IMG_4739.jpg

4. IMG_4740.jpg

5. IMG_4741.jpg

6. IMG_4742.jpg

7. IMG_4743.jpg

Thanks for the help!

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
You must be someplace that gets some rain; there are a lot of things I don’t recognize. Anything that is a vine or shrubby doesn’t grow around me!

The plant in the first and fifth picture is oxalis, a do not feed due to high oxalate rates, which most think can be harmful. Oxalis looks a lot like clover but you can see from the tiny yellow buds and flowers that it isn’t. I personally don’t worry about my tortoise finding it in the yard as she has an extremely varied diet but just about everyone else here is going to tell you not to feed it. It’s always good to be cautious so you probably won’t want to feed it either.

The last plant is something in the chicory family, some kind of dandelion relative. I’d feed it now but again I’m a very casual feeder. I suggest waiting until it’s a bit older and showing to us again, so we can be sure what it is.

I hope someone from a damper place can help with the rest. It will help if you tell us where you live.

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
You must be someplace that gets some rain; there are a lot of things I don’t recognize. Anything that is a vine or shrubby doesn’t grow around me!

The plant in the first and fifth picture is oxalis, a do not feed due to high oxalate rates, which most think can be harmful. Oxalis looks a lot like clover but you can see from the tiny yellow buds and flowers that it isn’t. I personally don’t worry about my tortoise finding it in the yard as she has an extremely varied diet but just about everyone else here is going to tell you not to feed it. It’s always good to be cautious so you probably won’t want to feed it either.

The last plant is something in the chicory family, some kind of dandelion relative. I’d feed it now but again I’m a very casual feeder. I suggest waiting until it’s a bit older and showing to us again, so we can be sure what it is.

I hope someone from a damper place can help with the rest. It will help if you tell us where you live.

Thanks for the help! And I'm from Chicago.