Weed Identification ...

QB&B

Location (City and/or State)
London, United Kingdom
I have noticed this weed starting to grow in our garden, and I was wondering if anyone could help identify it and advise whether it’s safe to feed? Many thanks.

7E95FFCB-4EC3-437C-A043-65ADCDBB6832.jpeg

Hoka's Mom

Ann Arbor
I just rely on the Tortoise table website for identification and use the rule of thumb that "if I don't know, I don't feed it."

That Said...it looks very much like it is related to geranium/citronella and I am working to ID it now. Hoping someone on here is more familiar with UK weeds.

QB&B

London, United Kingdom
I just rely on the Tortoise table website for identification and use the rule of thumb that "if I don't know, I don't feed it."

That Said...it looks very much like it is related to geranium/citronella and I am working to ID it now. Hoping someone on here is more familiar with UK weeds.
I love the Tortoise Table! The only trouble I have is that you need to know the name of the plant/weed to search for it.

Thank you for your reply, I’ll investigate

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
mosquito fern? cow parsley?

Hoka's Mom

Ann Arbor
Ragwort, which is toxic to many animals, I confirmed that it is toxic to tortoises. DO NOT feed. (the leaves can vary a bit in thickness of lobes so it can look very different from one yard to the next and one country to the next but it does appear to be a common UK weed)
RagwortLeaves.jpg

Last edited:

QB&B

London, United Kingdom
Ragwort, which is toxic to many animals, I confirmed that it is toxic to tortoises. DO NOT feed. (the leaves can vary a bit in thickness of lobes so it can look very different from one yard to the next and one country to the next but it does appear to be a common UK weed)
RagwortLeaves.jpg
Phew! Thank goodness I didn’t feed and checked first. Thank you so much for your advice, much appreciated.

luke2431

pensacola, fl

Tansy Ragwort!