We lost a family member today

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushisurf13

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Huntington Beach, CA
So went to check on the adult greeks today and I found my female, Zera, dead. Not sure what happend. She looked fine on sunday, she ate and even drank water. She has been a great little girl for the year and a half that I've had her. We are all very sad.
Rest in peace little one....

NewGreekEmmasB-day031.jpg

NewGreekEmmasB-day030.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, I'm so sorry! Its never easy to lose a treasured pet. Are you going to have a necropsy?

Yvonne

harry moma

5 Year Member
Oh I'm sooo sorryy it's very hard loosing a pet or something that was real close to you!! :( Think of all the good times and she will always think of you and watch over you!! I bet you was the best mummy that she ever had :rolleyes: She will love you forever!

It's so sad at such a young age and beautiful tortoise, you will be forever in her heart :shy:

M

Maggie Cummings

I am so sorry for your loss. I understand how awful it feels...

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Eric, I am sorry to hear you lost Zera. How are the rest of the gang she was with? Doing well I hope. It is hard when you lose one especially when you have no idea what was the cause. My thoughts are with you.

sushisurf13

10 Year Member!
Huntington Beach, CA
Crazy1 said:
Eric, I am sorry to hear you lost Zera. How are the rest of the gang she was with? Doing well I hope. It is hard when you lose one especially when you have no idea what was the cause. My thoughts are with you.

The boys are doing just fine. Zera lived in a pen all by herself and seemed to be doing great. It seems that that can hide their health issues pretty well. I'm so bummed. I took me quite a while to find a female, and she was such a good little girl. She will be missed.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
So sorry to hear this :( She was gorgeous!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Are you going to do a necropsy? If she was ever in contact with your other torts, I really would. You might be able to prevent it from happening again. So sorry for you. She was beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.