We found him!!

gingerbee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington state
I cannot believe it, one day after being picked up by a seagull and carried out of the garden, I come home from putting up missing pet posters to find Harry on my garden path! Witnesses literally saw him get picked up, my husband and I saw the bird carrying him, we turned the garden upside down hoping we were wrong but he was definitely taken. I get home today and he's back!! It was cold and rainy last night, yet here he is, happily stomping around his (sealed!) enclosure.

To me, that's a miracle. I'm absolutely stunned! Thanks to everyone for your kind words, I never thought I'd see him again, but here he is!

View attachment 146029
Wow it's amazing a seagull could carry him!! A big lesson to us all!! With a happy ending to!!!

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alta Loma, CA
I am so happy that he is back home safe and sound. It is amazing that he found his way back home.

awesomecs

5 Year Member
I cannot believe it, one day after being picked up by a seagull and carried out of the garden, I come home from putting up missing pet posters to find Harry on my garden path! Witnesses literally saw him get picked up, my husband and I saw the bird carrying him, we turned the garden upside down hoping we were wrong but he was definitely taken. I get home today and he's back!! It was cold and rainy last night, yet here he is, happily stomping around his (sealed!) enclosure.

To me, that's a miracle. I'm absolutely stunned! Thanks to everyone for your kind words, I never thought I'd see him again, but here he is!

View attachment 146029

that's amazing the tortoise wanted to get home and he did I say you should pat yourself on your back cease this means the tortoise likes his enclosure and likes you as he could have easily walked away congrats

Tort Love

I am so happy he is home I read that befor I went to bed last night and I could not sleep so happy he is home

Prairie Mom

Man!!! I would have never thought a sea gull would carry away a tortoise! This is a crazy story! I wonder how far your tortoise was carried!? I'm amazed he's home! Incredible.

A few years ago sea gulls attacked us while we were picnicking in the off season in Maine. I have a photo of one dive bombing me as I scream and duck. We had to finish our sandwiches in the car, while the seagulls PECKED THE ROOF OF THE CAR and stared at us through the windshield. It was a scene from "The Birds." If I can find the seagull attack photos, I'll post them.