We found him!!

Melissa101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
I cannot believe it, one day after being picked up by a seagull and carried out of the garden, I come home from putting up missing pet posters to find Harry on my garden path! Witnesses literally saw him get picked up, my husband and I saw the bird carrying him, we turned the garden upside down hoping we were wrong but he was definitely taken. I get home today and he's back!! It was cold and rainy last night, yet here he is, happily stomping around his (sealed!) enclosure.

To me, that's a miracle. I'm absolutely stunned! Thanks to everyone for your kind words, I never thought I'd see him again, but here he is!

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I cannot believe it, one day after being picked up by a seagull and carried out of the garden, I come home from putting up missing pet posters to find Harry on my garden path! Witnesses literally saw him get picked up, my husband and I saw the bird carrying him, we turned the garden upside down hoping we were wrong but he was definitely taken. I get home today and he's back!! It was cold and rainy last night, yet here he is, happily stomping around his (sealed!) enclosure.

To me, that's a miracle. I'm absolutely stunned! Thanks to everyone for your kind words, I never thought I'd see him again, but here he is!
Wow! Great to hear that. Take good care of him, and.....CONGRATS!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
very good news indeed just like the old saying never give up

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield

Amazing story. So happy for you, and a lesson learned. Sea gulls don't only like fish and chips. Lol.
It's been in the papers and all over the news lately about gulls and how overwhelming they are becoming in coastel areas like Whitby and Bridlington . Talk of a cull.
So called experts have even suggested they have learnt to target the female genda for food rather than the male. The theory is women panick more and drop the fish n chips. The gulls know this. Anyway a happy ending for you. :D

Melissa101

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks guys, he was booked in for a check up at the vets on Wednesday anyway, so I can get a second opinion as to whether he's definitely ok! He's walking, eating, and sleeping as normal, just seems a bit more nervous (understandably!). Our reptile vet isn't free till weds anyway, which is annoying, but based on his current behaviour I'm not overly worried. Still in shock though!

Alaskamike

South Florida
Great story - happy ending.
I saw a clip of an Eagle in Alaska grab the back of a King Salmon

Once their claws lock , they can't easily let go without landing. The Eagle didn't make it out of the water. The Salmon was so strong and large he pulled the Eagle under. Drowned it.

We have a few Eagles in Florida , but more Hawks. I have my small tortoises covered with wire outside.
It's got to be very rare , but birds prey on baby sea turtles all the time , maybe this Gull thought it was just a big baby.

Probably dropped it finding the shell way too hard and heavy.

Good fortune to you

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
That is such great news ! We are so glad to hear that Harry is back !
t2720.gif