Wayward Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

malp1022

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH
This is my first time posting here, so please bear with me. My daughter saved her own money and bought a tortoise. She paid for everything and it is funny how these two have bonded. Well a little over two months ago my daughter was outside with Rosie the Homes Hingeback tortoise and she was grazing away. My daughter started cleaning the garage and Rosie walked away. My daughter was crushed, she never gave up looking for her. Two days ago out of the blue here comes Rosie walking across the street heading home. How awesome is that. She is totally health.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
What a wonderful story! You daughter is very lucky to have gotten her Homes back. I recall in our early days, the kids would take the tortoises outside while cleaning their dishes and stuff. I don't know how many times the kids would turn around or leave to bring dishes back inside returning to discover the tortoises had vanished. They are so fast and so good at becoming rocks and part of the landscape. Ours never got more then 10 feet away from where they started, but did give us a lot of worried moments, until I finally laid down the law. Tortoises outside only if in their enclosures or being actively watched. . I bet you daughter has learned her lesson from this escape, too.

Glad your here. Can we see pictures of the no-longer-at-large escapee tortoise? :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi malp1022:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

You are very lucky to have found your wayward tortoise. Its a strange phenomena, but when people see a stray dog or cat, their first thought is, "We'd better try to find this animal's owner." But when they see a stray tortoise, they say, "Oh, a tortoise! Let's put him in the back yard and keep him."

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Hello and welcome to the forum..

Glad your daughter was reunited with her tortoise...

Status
Not open for further replies.