Way.Too.Excited- Pics.to.follow...this wknd :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
We're moving tomorrow yeeee haaaa !!!
I just love how I can share all thats happening in my life here hehehe, for those who care to listen :p

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
You are living in a party of the world most of us only know through the news, which doesn't always show the best side. It is much more interesting to see Dubai through the eyes of a regular person. Keep the stories and pics coming!!

Good luck with the moving! Hope all goes well. :)

Stazz

5 Year Member
Lol wow thanks Greg !!! Its is very different....Dubai is actually uber boring at the mo with the fasting month of Ramadan ! You get a AED2500 fine if you are caught smoking ANYWHERE in daylight hours, its pretty insane. I stick to indoors and home during this month! Lol. Moving will be great fun tho!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Is Tullula packed already? :p Have fun tomorrow Stace looking forward to seeing the pictures of your new place.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S :) I know you must be busting at the seams right about now. Well it will give you time to unpack and get your new place set up because if I am right Ramadan started on Aug. 21st and doesn’t end until Sept. 19th. So that give you something to do inside, not like you don’t have things to do but putting a new place together and getting everything set up is always fun when it is something you have been looking forward too. Make sure you have Tallula do her share ;)
I can't wait to see the pics once you are in.

M

Maggie Cummings

We want pictures of the inside of your new apartment. Lots of pictures, and I don't know what Ramadan is...sounds to me like it would be against my rules to live there...I totally believe in personal freedom...You are one amazing person to live where you do and to follow the rules and customs...so post some pictures for this California girl...I grew up in the 60's and still believe in sex drugs and rock n roll!!!...

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Oops Stace I was mistaken in Dubai Ramadan begins on Saturday 22 August 2009 as indicated by the UAE moon sighting committee. So that will give you an extra day or two to get things fixed up. :p I found a site that said what happens in Dubai during Ramadan lots of restrictions for the Month. I agree with Maggie on the Pics, Religious Rules most (all) must follow and Oh heck, the whole thing she said. :D

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
yyyaaayyyyyyyyy that is just so cool :D I am really happy for you, Nick and Tallula :D I can't wait to see the pics!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Awww thanks soooo much everyone !!! Lol Candy, Tallula's stuff is all packed, today I'm just going to take out her soil and take her and her enclosure first and get her set up so that it's the least stressful for her, then the rest can follow after !!! She's the most important :D

Yeah Ramadan started on the 22nd Robs, so a month indoors is the plan hehehe.Its actually tooo hot to do much else anyway. We have this wknd to get things set up and sorted, and then we can start having fun with making a fairy garden of plants just for Tallula on our terrace :p You are SO right though, I AM busting at the seams, it is so exciting ! I don't look at moving as a daunting thing, its just not going to be pleasant in the heat lol. Going to blast the a/c seriously in both old and new place hehe. And absolutely....Tallula will do her share...of staring at us wondering whats going on lol. Nick actually said he wanted to stick some velcro on her carapace, and put velcro under his beer holder, so that T can deliver it to him outside on her back HAHA, of course as a joke, but that would be heck of a funny thing to see !!!

I promise I will post pics this wknd of the new place once its neat and tidy ! Its a little studio, so nothing massive, but its perfect for the 3 of us!
Lol Maggie you made me laugh about the sex drugs and rock and roll!!!! I can sooo picture you! The rules and customs are very different, and this month of Ramadan (its the muslim month of fasting...its one of the 5 pillars of islam, where they HAVE TO fast for this month, according to the moon it starts a bit earlier every year). Ramadan things quieten down almost to ghost town LOL, well not quite but its very different to any other time. No loud music in home, cars, bars, you have to cover up (just legs and chest and shoulders), no drinking, eating, smoking in public in daylight hours. I'm a smoker (yucky I know! Bought a dvd to help quit lol), so the smoking thing is a tough one, but Im also the type that loves to walk through the grocery store chomping on some kind of snack...Ive made the mistake of doing that in Ramadan, forgetting that its not allowed as the muslims can only eat before sunrise and after sunset.

Anyways, I best get back to work - got a half day today :) YEEEE HAAAA!!

And thanks so much for all the excitement and wishes!

Stazz

5 Year Member
From what I've read and heard, you get a big fine, something like AED 2500, which is quite expensive for smoking in public or taking a quick sip of water in this heat! It's about $680. Pretty crazy! I heard you can even spend a wknd in jail if you caught with certain thngs, not sure if thats true, but don't want to find out if it is !! LOL

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stazz said:
From what I've read and heard, you get a big fine, something like AED 2500, which is quite expensive for smoking in public or taking a quick sip of water in this heat! It's about $680. Pretty crazy! I heard you can even spend a wknd in jail if you caught with certain thngs, not sure if thats true, but don't want to find out if it is !! LOL

It is very strict, You are so right, please do not find out if it is true :D
Andddd did you move??? How did it go?? How is Tallula, does she like the new place?? :D

Stazz

5 Year Member
Yep we moooooved !!!! We're all settled, unpacked, did it quickly as possible so that we can relax!!! The truth about Tallula is that she's still at our old place (its one road away from our new place)! We're going to fetch her and her enclosure later today though, just haven't had a car big enough to fit it in !!! So we're getting a large cab to help us out. Friends with 4x4's and SUV's are either also moving or away camping for the wknd, the rest cars are too small LOL. But don't worry, she's happy and warm enough with food and water there :p I can't wait to bring her here !!!!!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stazz said:
Yep we moooooved !!!! We're all settled, unpacked, did it quickly as possible so that we can relax!!! The truth about Tallula is that she's still at our old place (its one road away from our new place)! We're going to fetch her and her enclosure later today though, just haven't had a car big enough to fit it in !!! So we're getting a large cab to help us out. Friends with 4x4's and SUV's are either also moving or away camping for the wknd, the rest cars are too small LOL. But don't worry, she's happy and warm enough with food and water there :p I can't wait to bring her here !!!!!

I am soooo happy for you, I can't wait to see the pictures :D :D. I can't wait to know what Tallula will think of the new place, I am sure she will love it!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Thanks so much Isa :D Tallula seems to be perfectly happy, she ran around the new place last night, sniffing everything, so think shes happy :) We moved her last night without stressing her at ALL. We moved her in her enclosure, with soil and all...wasn't too heavy to carry, so I think she may not even know that we moved LOL.

Oh and pics will come soon, just been super busy !!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.