Watermelon or cat poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
My 2 females eating watermelon, my 2 males passed up the watermelon in search of cat poop

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I will never understand a tortoise's fascination with poop

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
dmmj said:
I will never understand a tortoise's fascination with poop

All my tortoises find it within seconds of being let out. I dont understand it either, Im sure they eat plenty of it in the wild

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Yuppers them reds will hunt down the poo goo … as far as cat poo full of protein?
Well………..
Toxoplasmosis is a disease caused by a parasite called Toxoplasma gondii. Toxoplasmosis is passed to people and animals from contaminated cat feces. This can happen when you clean kitty's litter box or touching dirt where cats might have been, like soil in the garden or planting area of your yard, let alone eating the stuff.

Leptospirosis is a disease is caused by spiral-shaped bacteria called leptospires
The disease is transmitted via urine and other body fluids, but not in saliva. Humans and animals can become infected through contact with contaminated urine (or other body fluids), water, or soil.

Infection in humans resembles a mild flu and rarely has serious complications. Pets can received a vaccination against Leptospirosis but because there are so many types of leptospires it is not 100% effective.

Cite:2012, Squidoo

JD~

Status
Not open for further replies.