Waterfall in sulcata enclosure?

Aloysius Taschse

Location (City and/or State)
Mainly Texas
So I'm about to build Kiwi a new enclosure and so far I would like it to have plants (done research on that), nice digging substrate (done with that too), and all the essentials. When it came to raising humidity I figured I could mist the substrate and put a reptile mister, but I wanted to do something a bit extra that would be a nice project to work on. Besides, I didn't like the look of the terracotta saucer. I thought: "Hmm, maybe I should build a waterfall? There could be some sort of safe-non shell flipping arrangement and a large pool at the bottom, but before I find out more and start designing and planning I figured I should ask the people on the TFO! It would be about 30 cm tall (at the highest point) and would have a large enough pool at the bottom with relatively hot water (from the ceramic heat emitter) and with live plants I thought I could make it beautiful and completely tortoise safe. What are your thoughts about this and/or suggestions?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@Anyfoot made a thread several years ago with just such a water feature. I can't find it but maybe one of you who's good at searching can find it. The thread is showing how he turned a building into a redfoot enclosure.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I found it. It's called "Indoor Enclosure" and it's written by Anyfoot (I don't know how to copy/paste from this Kindle).

Tolis

Tortoise Club
Cyprus EU
I found it. It's called "Indoor Enclosure" and it's written by Anyfoot (I don't know how to copy/paste from this Kindle).
Thank you for sharing this I would never discover it on my own. I want to make something for the torts outdoors to soak and drink during the summer. Please let me know if there's more similar threads for inspiration.

Canadian Mojo

Ontario