Water coming out from the nose

@itsmimie94

Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
Hi! So I Have my baby sulcata for more than a week now, but I nocticed some watery substance coming off of his nose. is there any problem with my baby? I need help please. I will attch his/her enclosure picfor you guys to refer from. I am using coco coir,coconut husks chunks mixed with soil as a substrate and provided with clean water everyday. Diet is green veggies, grass,weeds and sometimes hibiscus and cactus. I soak him/her almost everyday for fifteen minutes due to hot conditions here in the Philippines. Thanks! IMG_9720.jpg

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hi! So I Have my baby sulcata for more than a week now, but I nocticed some watery substance coming off of his nose. is there any problem with my baby? I need help please. I will attch his/her enclosure picfor you guys to refer from. I am using coco coir,coconut husks chunks mixed with soil as a substrate and provided with clean water everyday. Diet is green veggies, grass,weeds and sometimes hibiscus and cactus. I soak him/her almost everyday for fifteen minutes due to hot conditions here in the Philippines. Thanks! View attachment 243328

Does the watery substance appear after the tort soaks or drinks? clear water coming from the nostrils is not a big deal....mucus and not clear goo coming from the nose is a bad thing...so which is more like what is occurring?

@itsmimie94

Philippines
Does the watery substance appear after the tort soaks or drinks? clear water coming from the nostrils is not a big deal....mucus and not clear goo coming from the nose is a bad thing...so which is more like what is occurring?

yeah it is clear. and it occurs so seldom but mostly after his soaks. thank you [emoji4]

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Welcome to this site! I like your enclosure. What's the humidity level like?

@itsmimie94

Philippines
I would not be too worried about clear....especially if it occurs after soaking/drinking....

i just finished feeding him. and i observed a little bubble of water came off of his nose while he is moving his neck also. but its like just a little bubble.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
i fed him hibiscus flower this morning and recently grass and weeds that i cut into smaller bites.

I would let the little one normalize a little....stress can cause clear liquid (not mucus and heavy cloudy snot) while a tortoise is getting use to where you have it now...if the tort is eating, basking and exercising I would just keep track of the clear fluid and exactly when it occurs.