Yellow Foot water coming from nose

Meganolvt

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
My Yellow Foot (male, adult, unknown age) hates to soak. He will not get in a water tub willingly (I've tried different tubs, different locations, different temps). Once a week I put him in his tub (currently a large litter box) and keep him in there by feeding him a banana slowly. I just did this and noticed something sticking put of his mouth. I pulled it out with a spoon and it was spinach (from a spring mix bag). Weird because he never leaves greens hanging out of his mouth. Next, he wouldn't eat his banana, not even a bite. Also weird, he has never ever passed up banana in the almost 3 months i've had him. His did not put his head under water. Then he started squirting water out of his nose. Multiple squirts. I took him out and put him in his house. More water squirting from his nose. Should I freak out? He looks normal, is breathing normally, eyes are clear. Not sure what to think.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
This seems of be a weird one. I would just keep a close eye on him for a couple days. He might have just been upset that you messed with his mouth. As for the water coming out his nose, I don't know what that would be if he didn't drink any water. Again, just keep a close eye for any changes.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, that's not a problem. Tortoises' noses don't go down into their lungs, but the end up in the roof of the mouth. It's quite common to see whatever they've been drinking come out of the nose.

Meganolvt

Michigan
Well, all seems well today with Roland. He got to spend all day outside (because for some reason it is 80 degrees in Michigan in November). He's acting pretty normally, grouchy and flashing his penis at me all day, like usual. Thanks for the replies yesterday guys!

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
All must be well if he is flashing & grouchy.... haha glad to hear it worked out.

This weather has been crazy for Michigan! too bad it gets dark at 5:30 now.....