Watch your tortoise while not at home

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
Blake, I put all my CHE's at one end of the habitat. That way the torts can get away from the heat and cool down. That's pretty important. That's how they maintain a constant body temp. By moving in and out of the heat. You're gonna do what you're gonna do, but I'd move your CHE's to one end. And I'll bet you, more times then not, you'll find your tort away from the heat at night....
I know that's not what ya'll were talking about, but personally I don't give a darn about what my tortoises are doing while I'm gone. Sleeping probably or grazing. But I do care about when I read something I think I can help with. And my experience and a bunch of tortoises taught me about the CHE's, just wanted to say that to ya....I also didn't mean to hijack the thread.....

I agree with this, my CHE is at one end.

Maggie the camera is just incase my tort might flip or something else happens while I'm at work.

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Great! Yes, you have a very tortoise friendly climate.
With such a good climate, my country still unable to raise a good sulcata. They all start dry! One seller forbid me to buy hatchling. He said 90% died although you are an experienced tort keeper. This country ignorance is super high and i just can't debate them. Who am i afterall... :confused:

Blake, I put all my CHE's at one end of the habitat. That way the torts can get away from the heat and cool down. That's pretty important. That's how they maintain a constant body temp. By moving in and out of the heat. You're gonna do what you're gonna do, but I'd move your CHE's to one end. And I'll bet you, more times then not, you'll find your tort away from the heat at night....
I know that's not what ya'll were talking about, but personally I don't give a darn about what my tortoises are doing while I'm gone. Sleeping probably or grazing. But I do care about when I read something I think I can help with. And my experience and a bunch of tortoises taught me about the CHE's, just wanted to say that to ya....I also didn't mean to hijack the thread.....
Stop saying hijacking :D. I am totally fine with it.

M

Maggie Cummings

OK...here's a real hijack....:)....Someone has been messing with my car. Yesterday I was driving in heavy traffic when my back tire went past me at great speed. I won't say any more than thank God I was only doing 20-25 If I had been doing my usual 65-75 Someone or me would be dead. So tell me where to get this camera and what it's called. Someone cut off my wheel lock and loosened all the lug nuts. Off they went.
I don't know what cctv means, and I just have an ordinary phone. Altho it does get apps. Where would I get one? How much do they cost? Thanks

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
OK...here's a real hijack....:)....Someone has been messing with my car. Yesterday I was driving in heavy traffic when my back tire went past me at great speed. I won't say any more than thank God I was only doing 20-25 If I had been doing my usual 65-75 Someone or me would be dead. So tell me where to get this camera and what it's called. Someone cut off my wheel lock and loosened all the lug nuts. Off they went.
I don't know what cctv means, and I just have an ordinary phone. Altho it does get apps. Where would I get one? How much do they cost? Thanks
I appreciate the input! I do understand that it's good to have an area where it's cooler, and I would like that myself! My tank was 5' long and the CHE wasn't a super high wattage, so Dexter (when he was a baby, 16" smaller) had an ambient temperature if no lower than 90-95 all the time. I didn't want the humid hide (at the end of my tank) to get cool with the moist coco coir. What you said makes sense and I agree!

Fredkas

5 Year Member
I will pm you ;) and glad to hear that you are doing fine.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Oh my! I'm glad you weren't hurt. That is very scary and criminal!

Ashley87

I'm also interested in what camera you purchased and what app you are using. If you don't mind.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'll pm you ;)
Please all. For the sake of this thread flowing smoothy and without restrictions, lets abide by the original poster request that we keep all requests for costs/brands and other such requests to PM's. Right?

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Yeah, we don't want to get into commercial brands here, as you end up comparing APPLEs to oranges. And that causes flare ups in my IBM (irritable bowel momentum). Sometimes, you need to look up certain INTEL yourself. Everyone have a GE (great evening).