Warning

RainsOn

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NE OK
Carolina Pet Supply: Grazing Tortoise Grass Seed and UVA/UVB bulb
I purchased the above items early October and paid on line with a credit card. My first order with this company because of a recommendation by a highly respected member of this community. It was late October before the seed arrived. I waited for the bulb for another 2 weeks thinking it was on back order.
Finally, I went on line and viewed my order which stated both items shipped and my credit card was charged.
I sent an email and made a phone call. I reached a recording and left a message with my phone number - which they have on record. No answer to email or phone message. I recently sent another email and made another phone call (during business hours) which also resulted in no response.
Today, I cleaned out a planter I have in my house and planted the grass seed for my Russian tortoise to have during the winter. This evening, I went to the kitchen to feed the dog and found small white worms crawling all over her food tray and water bowl. On further inspection, I realized the worms were coming out of the planter which is on a shelf over the area where the dog is fed.
I am very disappointed with this experience, plan to tell them about it and will not order from Carolina Pet Supply again. Just wanted to share this info with all the members of this site. That is what it is for; information.
FYI: Heads up!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, so sorry to hear this. A few years back I ordered seeds from them. I got them in a reasonable time and had no problem with them and I actually got them to grow in coconut coir. Sure hope your experience is just a fluke and not what they have become. Thanks for the warning. Will make me think twice if I were ever going to order from them again.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I am also sorry to hear this. I had no trouble with the seeds I ordered from them. I do admit that sometimes they are a little slow in shipping and they could respond quicker to messages sometimes. other times though they shipped quickly or respond quickly. I hope they make an effort for high quality and good customer service.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have ordered many times from them. The seeds I ordered sprouted in just a couple of days, and were not wormy. I'm very surprised that you have received no satisfaction either email or phone. They are very conscientious people and strive to do the right thing by their customers.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I order from them regularly. They are a bit slow sometimes, but I have been very happy with the seeds and everything else. Sorry you're having a hard time with them and hope they make it right.

chaseswife

5 Year Member
I too got little white worm things after planting their seeds, but I assumed that it was just from my dirt. One bag had been sitting in the garage for a few months, the other bag was from Walmart. That seemed like a more likely culprit for hiding/carrying bug eggs. At any rate, the poor customer service is really sad.

Turtlepete

South Florida
I've ordered things from them several times in the past. While I have always gotten the items I ordered, they take an unreasonably long time to arrive. I waited two months once for something I ordered, and he never responded to any of my e-mails or calls. CPS has very poor customer service, indeed.

Hermes

Lake Butler, Fl
Today I actually had to call my bank and file a fraud report, went on their website on the 23rd and placed an order for four different seeds, they charged my bank account on the 24th. Then my order just stayed as processing, on the 30th I decided to contact them to see if the product was on back order or when I could expect it, I left a couple of voicemails and an email, i kept calling sporadically all day Thursday the 30th but when I didn't get an answer all day Thursday or Friday I got worried and I contacted them on their Facebook page, (I didn't get an answer there either) so I kept calling over the weekend and I know for a fact that they are getting the messages on their machine, I know because they mailbox gets full and then a couple of hours later it's not full anymore so obviously someone is listening and erasing the messages, well at this point I kept calling them over the weekend and today in the morning i went to their website to check on the order even though they hadn't answered my I was still hoping I would get the seeds from them, but instead they account I used to place the order was erased from their server and I was banned from their Facebook. I tried calling again when I saw that but still I get no answer, so I called my bank and filed a fraud activity report and my bank told me to stop tying to contact them that they will call them and handle the issue for me. Regardless of how this ends up I will never again order from them, I wouldn't have minded waiting for the product to be available if it was in fact on back order all I wanted was some information but this people are very unprofessional. Good thing I didn't order my feeders for my beardy from them too. It would have been so convenient for me if they were a responsible seller because they technically carry everything I need for all my pets.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1415039507.077435.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You folks are forgetting the vendor review rules - no comments posted to this section unless it is about personal buying experience with the vendor.

Delilah1623

They charged my credit card on October 16th and I have yet to receive a confirmation. My account on their website has also been deleted.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
I have ordered from CPS and have always gotten my order, only one time was something late but that item had been on back-order. This is the first time I have heard of big problems with them. I always liked CPS, I really hope whatever is going on with them is fixed soon because I really did like to buy from them. :(

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
I have ordered things multiple times over the years and have had no problem whatsoever.

Hermes

Lake Butler, Fl
I have ordered many times from them. The seeds I ordered sprouted in just a couple of days, and were not wormy. I'm very surprised that you have received no satisfaction either email or phone. They are very conscientious people and strive to do the right thing by their customers.

I know I'm new around here but deleting every negative comment about them except the most direct ones while letting comments like "they are very conscientious people and strive to do the right thing by their customers." That sounds like not only a double standard but also seems like someone here is personally involved or has something to gain/lose, which is ok as long as people reading the reviews know. If the standard is going to be erasing comments when people call them thieves then the others should not be allowed to stand. Also to update anybody that might care about what my dispute with them, USAA (my bank) has not been able to contact them either yet to get their side of the story and they are still waiting to make their final decision but they gave me a credit for the $40.29. I will update how this ends unless it's against forum rules to give updates on vendor disputes too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
To my knowledge, no negative comments have been deleted. My comment was allowed to stay on the thread because my very first sentence was, "I have ordered many times from them..."

Comments detailing first hand experience with the vendor are allowed. I have first hand experience.

An example of the type of comment that has been deleted is the one by Turtlepete that I'm deleting right now. All it said was, "Thumbs up" in response to your post. That does not show that TurtlePete has first hand experience with the vendor. And to be perfectly true to the rules, neither does your comment that I'm responding to with this post, but I've left it so everyone can see what's going one with the deleted comments.

Your comments that were deleted were comments made to previous posters, and not pertaining to your original comment about your bad experience with the vendor. If you want those comments to be shown on the Forum, all you have to do it start a new thread somewhere else, not in the Vendor Review section. Your original comment detailing your bad experience with the vendor was not deleted. Only the back and forth commentary between you and another poster, and not about your original experience with the vendor.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Like yvonne said only chit chat comments were removed. First hand experience positive or negative stays. I am of course breaking the rule by posting this.

Krabby

MA
My 1st. order with them-waited 2 weeks-finally called left 2 messages and sent an email. Got a call back and was told my order was being processed. Ever since then, my orders have been on time. No problems with any of the seeds.

RainsOn

5 Year Member
NE OK
UP DATE:
After the third phone message and the third email with no answer, I called my credit card company they said they would refund the charges. I only asked for a refund for the bulb. (Even though the seed was wormy, I did receive it; I mean, things can happen beyond anyone's control.)
I noticed today that my account with Carolina Pet Supply is marked "order refunded". Don't know if that is the full amount or just the bulb.
Today, Nov. 13 (order placed Oct 2), I received a phone call from Carolina Pet Supply with a very gracious apology and offer to redo the order. I declined in order to wait for my next statement and be sure it is refunded and correct - give it time to process and avoid possible confusion. There is also a concern about the bulb breaking in shipment and then trying to get that taken care of. I plan a 4 hour trip to a pet store for the bulb and I am looking at another site for seed.
After reading recent posts on this thread, I do not plan to replace the order or have any more dealings with this company. It has been just too much hassle.
I feel like I opened a real can of worms here (no pun intended). I do appreciate all the feedback. This is a great web forum for information and networking.
Thanks to everyone,
Linda
P.S. If anything else happens with all this, I will let you know.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
I am currently dealing with an order/service problem with Carolina Pet Supply as well. I don't want to go into detail because I'm still hoping for a good outcome. It took almost 8 weeks and 6 emails to get a response from anyone and the response is lacking to say the least.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
I am currently dealing with an order/service problem with Carolina Pet Supply as well. I don't want to go into detail because I'm still hoping for a good outcome. It took almost 8 weeks and 6 emails to get a response from anyone and the response is lacking to say the least.

Update: I was unable to come to an acceptable solution and have decided to no longer use Carolina Pet Supply nor recommend them.

Kenno

5 Year Member
Southern California
I order from them regularly. They are a bit slow sometimes, but I have been very happy with the seeds and everything else. Sorry you're having a hard time with them and hope they make it right.

I got my seeds from them last week after a long wait, maybe a month or so. I would do business with them again.