want to rehome tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tpassion123

hello hello.... Im new to this forum...but not new to taking care of a tortoise..I know that there are so many tortoises that dont have good care or the owner just cant take care of them anymore for many diff reasons... so for ppl that are looking for a good home for there tortoise please contact me i live in the LA COUNTY AREA... me and my husband love these large creatures .. we have a large yard space and a heated shed so they can go into for the cold days and nights..we will take in as own ....

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Welcome
a word of advice contact your local California Turtle and Tortoise club they often have ones up for adoption also.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just a word of advice to you...most of us here on the Tortoise Forum are very, VERY much enamored of our tortoises. If, and that's a BIG IF, we ever had to re-home one of them, we would think long and hard about who we were to give it to. My advice is for you to belong to the community and participate for a while and let us get to know you. None of us is going to turn over a tortoise to someone we don't know.

T

tpassion123

I totally understand were your coming from...I once owned a tortoise his name was wilbert he had a family that wasn't able to care for him because they had lost there house..he was about 10 pounds when we adopted him..he grew to be about 70 pounds..we loved him dearly and someone stole him.. : (..... I know some ppl have many diff situations that come up and need to give there tortoise up for adoption ..and Im hoping that someone will give me the opportunity to rehome there baby as my own..I would be willing to send pics of my yard and setup...or even have them come look for themselves...and I also know its not going to happen over night...

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the forum....and from what you have shared, it sounds as though you are looking to rescue a needy tortoise...which is AWESOME...as previously mentioned, maybe you would do well to contact your local California Turtle and Tortoise Club and see what you can match yourself up with through them...they always have tortoise that are in need of a home and love :D

Also, you can check local animal shelters, they also will get some tortoise and turtles in their facilities....
:D

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
I pm'd you and posted a male sulcata up for adoption on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.