waking up

Status
Not open for further replies.

KQ6AR

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Concord, CA
Hi,
I'm in Concord CA USDA zone 9. One of my Marginatas has woken from hibernation, this is about two weeks earlier than normal. The weather has been very nice.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I bet that will happen a lot all over the place with the warmer winter most been having

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Very cool...how are the awaking sleeping beauties doing? How was the winter sleep for them? Being it was a bit dryer and not as freezing as the last few winters?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
my russian appeared the other day.. then if rained.. but sun is coming back.. I keep watching for my DT.. he is still hunkered in..

Turtlechasers

10 Year Member!
KQ6AR said:
Hi,
I'm in Concord CA USDA zone 9. One of my Marginatas has woken from hibernation, this is about two weeks earlier than normal. The weather has been very nice.

Dan, I live near Redding. My adult female margs and ibera came out yesterday. Most of the margs ate as well. Looking back over the past 10 years they always have awakened the same week as the almonds begin blooming, which they have begun blooming that is...

KQ6AR

10 Year Member!
Concord, CA
We have a flowering peach that blooms, each year the same week the torts start waking up.
That's what I use to time it.

Status
Not open for further replies.