Vomit? What to do?

GMDVM

Location (City and/or State)
Ionia New York
Also can I just ask, how long should I let speedy go without eating before I ring my vet again it’s been 3 days since last meal. Obviously I’m guessing the medication will affect his gut flora and appetite but how long before I should get seriously worried? He’s back at vet on the 8th could he wait till then? I’m trying everything to persuade him and will continue to but nothing is working at the moment .
I completely understand being worried but I think that tortoises can go for several days or more without eating and be ok. Especially adults. Hydration is of most importance as are proper humidity and temperature for your particular species. And some tortoise keepers swear by the carrot soaks Hopefully once the vomiting stops an appetite will develop
What type of tortoise and how old is Speedy?

Speedy101

North East England
I completely understand being worried but I think that tortoises can go for several days or more without eating and be ok. Especially adults. Hydration is of most importance as are proper humidity and temperature for your particular species. And some tortoise keepers swear by the carrot soaks Hopefully once the vomiting stops an appetite will develop
What type of tortoise and how old is Speedy?
He is a Mediterranean spur thighed tortoise, part of the testudo family. He is 13 years old. What am I’m concerned is he’s not vomiting anymore mostly gagging, I was worried he was gasping for air but he is still walking around and I assume if it was anything respiratory, that caused him to gasp for air, he would be inactive. Therefore I’m assuming he’s trying to be sick but has no food left too come up. Again thank you for trying to help it’s very helpful to have a second opinion.

Speedy101

North East England
I am soaking him today in reptoboost as I have seen on here a few UK keepers recommending it. A week tomorrow was the last time he ate. I am armed with strawberries, his favourite treat! Hopefully he has a nibble today.

Speedy101

North East England
Hi can anyone advise me, speedy has not eaten in a week and is not moving around much, he is no longer vomiting and hasn’t it days. He has been wormed and I know that will stop appetite but how long should I let him go before vet intervention? I’ve been doing carrot and reptoboost soaks but I am unsure what to do because on one hand he needs to eat but on the other, the vet and medication could make his hunger strike worse.

Speedy101

North East England
Speeds went back to the vet on Tuesday and got an X-ray everything was fine on it, no blockage, lungs fine etc. He also got a tube feeding. He weed today and passed a bit of clear mucus, I saw what I believed to be dead tiny,white worms in it. What I don’t understand is he can’t seem to pick himself up to walk anymore, I know this would usually be calcium deficiency but it’s totally in line with him starting medication and not eating. He tries to pick himself up but isn’t successful. However, if I pick his shell up for him, he uses all 4 legs to walk. Could this be extreme lethargy from all the medication he’s had? I’ve been soaking twice a day in reptoboost and he’s been drinking a lot. Hoping my boy picks up soon :( back at vet on Tuesday for second worming.