Vitamin supplement

Donatello

My vet for my russian tortoise said Nek-ton was better then flukers. I just wanted to know anyone's thoughts on this. I was using the flukers but he talked me into the other stuff which was 18 dollars....1400369429726.jpg1400369444449.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

I just finished reading that vitamin’s for humans are a waste of money and really don't do anything. I read that in medical journals. I personally believe that if you feed a good diet for your species of tortoise, a good and varied diet that is, only calcium is needed. And sun, I have raised some pretty good specimens on food UVB (or sun) and calcium....

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I just finished reading that vitamin’s for humans are a waste of money and really don't do anything. I read that in medical journals. I personally believe that if you feed a good diet for your species of tortoise, a good and varied diet that is, only calcium is needed. And sun, I have raised some pretty good specimens on food UVB (or sun) and calcium....

This is hugely true because most vitamin supplements are the wrong type and mostly the cheap, non-bio available varieties. You have to do a lot of studying up to know which are bio available and which are not and it is A LOT to remember.

Elohi(Earth)

Donatello

The vet didn't say why the other was better. Yes he sells it. I bought it from him. He said my tortoise is healthy. He did have worms. But that was all. He gets the last dose of worm medicine tomorrow.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
The vet didn't say why the other was better. Yes he sells it. I bought it from him. He said my tortoise is healthy. He did have worms. But that was all. He gets the last dose of worm medicine tomorrow.
Profit drives a lot of opinions. I'd stick with a very varied diet with plenty of sun and or uv lights supplemented with calcium.